CDC’s Top Ten: 5 Health Achievements & 5 Health Threats

26 Dec 2013 12:44 #1 by ScienceChic
I myself am very worried about the antibiotic resistance. We're still dosing commercial animals without cause, increasing the amount and types of antibiotics in the soil and creating an environment in which soil organisms can become resistant and spread that resistance. I've seen calls for new rounds of antibiotic development which is a band-aid fix if we don't get our antibiotic use under control.

I've been seeing a few shares on Facebook of HPV misinformation, claiming that the vaccine has caused deaths and infertility. That is false. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Vaccin ... index.html
http://www.snopes.com/medical/drugs/gardasil.asp

CDC’s Top Ten: 5 Health Achievements in 2013 and 5 Health Threats in 2014
- Blog Admin
December 17th, 2013

Top 5 health achievements looking back at 2013:

1. Tips From Former Smokers campaign
2. Listeria & Advanced Molecular Detection
3. Million Hearts®
4. Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAI)
5. Celebrating 10 Years of PEPFAR

Top 5 health threats looking ahead in 2014:

1. Antibiotic Resistance & Advanced Molecular Detection
Coping with untreatable infections in The End of the Antibiotic Era

2. Prescription Drug Abuse and Overdose
Reducing the number of misuse, abuse or overdose amidst a growing epidemic

3. Global Health Security
Securing our global health borders knowing that disease can spread nearly anywhere within 24 hours

4. HPV
Preventing cancer in the U.S. by vaccinating preteens and teens

5. Polio
Coming together to end polio once and for all

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds