Symptoms of Diabetes

03 Jan 2014 11:45 #1 by ScienceChic
This is a disease which goes unnoticed for many years causing damage in multiple organs in the body, and is too prevalent in our society to not try to raise awareness. I am at risk due to family history and developing gestational diabetes while pregnant with my last baby so it's something I pay close attention to, but many others do not. Please always check with your doctor if something doesn't feel right - better safe than sorry.

Symptoms of Diabetes

Some of the possible symptoms of diabetes include:

Excessive thirst
Excessive hunger
Frequent urination (including waking 3 or more times in the night to urinate)
Unexplained significant weight loss
Fatigue (particularly after eating)
Feeling irritable
Wounds that don’t heal or heal slowly
Frequent or lingering infections
Leg cramps (usually occurring as undiagnosed diabetes worsens and mostly during the night)
Blurred or other changes in vision

See the article for other info, tips, and warnings. The blood tests are easy and fast (the HbA1C requires a fasting blood draw, the results are usually back the next day. Checking yourself before and after you eat with a personal monitor immediately known - you want to be below 120).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jan 2014 13:38 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Symptoms of Diabetes
I have all the symptoms but not diabetes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds