Low-carb ketogenic diet starves cancer, says researcher Dr.

10 Jan 2014 09:32 #1 by Blazer Bob
http://www.examiner.com/article/ketogen ... agostino-1

"October 28, 2013
Cancer is the second most common cause of death in the United States. And while medical science has made great strides in treating cancer, ground-breaking research indicates that diet therapy may be even more effective at beating cancer into submission.

According to Dr. Dominic D'Agostino, a low-carb, high-fat, calorie-restricted ketogenic diet literally starves cancer cells.

In an exclusive interview, Dr. D'Agostino told me his research during the past four years confirmed that a high-fat ketogenic diet successfully manages even advanced cancer.

"We've found that diet therapy can be effective in prolonging survival in mice with aggressive metastatic cancer," said D'Agostino, an assistant professor at the University of South Florida College of Medicine."...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2014 22:35 #2 by Blazer Bob
http://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg. ... d=29325711

And if I had cancer, the first thing I'd do is cut out the carbs.
Yes, I agree and you have to cut them all the way down to 3% of total calories to transition your body to the full effect of ketogenic metabolism.

But I've also been thinking that it might be a good idea to periodically do that ever 3 years or so anyway.
Go on a ketogenic diet periodically both to lose weight and to kill any mutated cancer cells that may be lurking in my body. You probably would need to stay on it for a few months to kill off any mutated cancer cells.

Anyway there is a blogger and podcast that covers this diet in detail.
You may also need to invest a bit in a device to measure the ketone levels in your blood.

The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.
thelivinlowcarbshow.com

Blog:
livinlavidalowcarb.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds