10 Protein-Packed Plants

17 Jan 2014 07:43 #1 by Blazer Bob
http://gentleworld.org/10-protein-packed-plants/

"The continuing debate over how much protein the average person needs* has done little to change our hunger for it. And who can blame us? Protein is one of the basic building blocks of life.

When most people think about protein, images of cheese, eggs and a leg of lamb pop into their head. Did you know though that every – yes, every – whole food contains protein? From your morning banana to your evening salad, finding plants packed with protein is easy to do. And not only is it easy to do, it’s easy for your body to use.

Plant-based foods are practically free from cholesterol, tend to be high in fiber, and are often alkalizing to the body. All animal products, on the other hand, are devoid of fiber, and are acidifying to the body, which causes calcium to be leached from your bones, as well as decreasing oxygen levels in the blood, and negatively impacting the digestive/lymphatic system.

You may have heard the ongoing debate about “complete” or “incomplete” protein and “food combining”, but be wary; these topics are steeped in misinformation and myth. Here’s what I’ve discovered thus far:"...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jan 2014 08:37 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic 10 Protein-Packed Plants
THANKS for posting this......I eliminated meat (still eat fish) from my diet over two decades ago,
so getting enough protein is always a challenge.....I aim for 50 grams,but probably miss it by alot.

GOOD to know that quinoa is being produced on US soil, as "we" are decimating the diet of
poor people who can NOT afford a diversified diet and rely on this seed/grain to give them the
much needed protein......I knew almonds were "the gold standard",but forgot about pumpkin
seed.....GOOD POST...... :coffee-News:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds