Fat Fest

26 Jun 2015 13:00 #1 by Blazer Bob
Fat Fest was created by Blazer Bob
www.wheatbellyblog.com/2015/06/fat-fest/

Would have liked to know this 40 yrs ago. I wonder if 90% lean ground will ever cost lest than 70%

..."Buy fatty cuts of meat–Ribeye steak, for example, over sirloin tip or round cuts. T-bone and skirt steak are moderately fatty. When buying ground meat, don’t buy the lean (e.g., 90% or 95% lean); buy the fattiest you can find (70% lean). (Make the fat even healthier by buying organic, non-factory farmed meats.)
Don’t trim the fat off your meat–Eat it!"...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jun 2015 19:55 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Fat Fest
While I agree that fat is an important component of a daily diet and everything must be done in moderation, I still would prefer vegetable fats to animal fats. They contain more unsaturated fats than saturated which is healthier for your body. I'd be curious to find out if vegetable fats also contain less hormones than animal fats, as that has cropped up as a potential cause to certain metabolic disorders now seen more commonly in the population in recent years.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds