A word of advice...

02 Feb 2016 22:08 #1 by ScienceChic
...to all my friends: if you are ever unlucky enough to get plantar warts on the bottom of your foot and it gets to the point that walking hurts so much that you are ready to let the doctor burn them out with liquid nitrogen, do yourself a favor and go to the appointment as drunk as you possibly can. I made it about half an hour of repeated application before breaking down and asking for it to be numbed up. :pinch:

BIG mistake being sober for THAT part. Liquid nitrogen is nothing compared to needles shoved deep right into the already painful warts on the bottom of your foot.
:ohmy: :blink: :unsure: :thudfaint:

I had no idea these things even existed. Feel free to Google it if you wish. For the past 2 months I've been trying the home remedy recommended by my doctor - put duct tape (who knew? It really is all-purpose) on them every day, soaking the foot in epsom salts every night, and abrading with a pumice stone. I did the soaking only a few times, but had the duct tape on 24/7 as instructed, took it off to shower, and used the pumice stone after the shower until it got too painful last week. One of them was closer to the side of my heel so when it got to the point that resting my foot on its side near that started to hurt, I was done dealing with it. Doc said I did a good job getting to the root of the infection which was why it was so sensitive. Lucky me. LOL

Word to the wise: wear shower shoes/flip-flops when you go to public pools/any wet environment. Change your socks daily (ewww, who doesn't?). Clean and sanitize your bathtubs and showers frequently. Get rid of your kids, they're germ-factories. :P

#gladthatsover
‪#‎needlesinthebottomofyourfoothurtlikeamthfkr‬
‪#‎Ionlycussedhimoutinmyheadhewastryingtohelp‬
‪#‎thatsuckedinanawfulway‬
‪#‎Imissmyhighheels‬ :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds