10 Reasons to choose a Dental Hygiene Practice for your next checkup.

09 May 2016 14:45 #1 by Chrisy5616
Reason to see an independent Dental Hygiene Practice

1. You will always know what clinician you will see. Seeing my patients regularly gives me the opportunity to get to know their mouth and know what areas need special attention.
2. There isn’t a time crunch for what the dentist will allow for the cleaning. I can schedule more time with my patients that need it without the increase of cost. Some patients may need more time because of being anxious, have sensitive teeth or having more buildup and stain than usual.
3. I also schedule the time I need to do a thorough and gentle cleaning and exam. The standards of care that a hygienist performs in a routine cleaning appointment has changed over the years from 12 tasks to 23 tasks but the time allowed in the typical dental office has not changed. Many hygienists have had to cut out some of the standard of care requirements to get a cleaning and exam done in 60 minutes.
4. Being an independent hygienist gives me the opportunity to educated the patient to what I am doing and why. Do you know how tarter is formed on the teeth and how that contributes to gum disease? In my practice I take the time to discuss these issues and how we do a periodontal exam to see if there is any evidence of gun disease.
5. In my practice I will also take the time to make sure the patient is comfortable and find what is the best way to clean their teeth. Does the patient like the use of hand instrumentation or do they prefer the ultrasonic cleaning method?
6. I provide an individualized approach to teaching at home care methods. Flossing may work for some people but not others. I will find ways to help patients improve their oral care routine that makes the most sense for them.
7. My practice provides adult and child cleanings, exams, digital x-rays, sealants, fluoride and in office teeth whitening at a much lower cost than going to your typical Dentist office. This is a great option for people who do not have insurance. My patients receive the best care without having to pay the dentist’s premium price.
8. I accept all insurances and most insurance see the value of a dental hygiene practice to include dental hygienist as preferred providers such as Delta Dental, Cigna, Medicaid, Medicare, CHP+ and others. I can still accept insurance even as an out of network provider with no cost to the patient.
9. Patients at my practice will also not feel pressured to buy unnecessary treatment. I can legally identify areas that need a dentist’s attention but don’t pressure patients to get costly work done that is not in their best interest or needed.
10. My practice offers flexibility with hours of operation to allow for patients to come in early before work or late after work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds