Mat Pilates!

16 Nov 2016 14:59 #1 by mayafusako
Mat Pilates! was created by mayafusako
Hello My Mountain Town!

My name is Maya and I relocated to Pine from NY in May. I'm a Classical Pilates teacher and would love to offer the many benefits of mat Pilates to my neighbors that live in this beautiful community. What's Classical Pilates? Most people are familiar with the term "Pilates", but are unaware that there are different kinds of Pilates. Classical comes from Joseph Pilates teachings, which are almost 100 years old now! The original method of Pilates otherwise known as The Method, is what I enjoy teaching to my clients. I love teaching The Method because of its many mental, emotional, and physical benefits. Classical Pilates teaches clients how to engage and strengthen their core, which ultimately helps with many ailments due to muscle imbalances such as poor posture, lower back pain, SI joint pain, tight hamstrings, incontinence, as well as unstable hips. People who practice Pilates regularly also find that they have improved focus and concentration, and generally feel a sense of greater well-being.

In addition to being a Pilates teacher, I'm studying to be a Registered Dietitian. I'm currently getting my Masters of Science in Applied Clinical Nutrition with a specialty track in obesity and eating disorders. I also have a Bachelor of Science in Business Marketing, and a minor in Chemistry, and will be completing a Bachelor of Science in Dietetics as well.

Please check out my website and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about me or Pilates! I look forward to getting to know my neighbors!

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.pilatesbymaya.com
www.facebook.com/pilatesbymaya/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds