Colorado currently one of two states with highest level of influenza activity

28 Dec 2018 14:38 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Number Of Flu Cases May Peak Soon In Colorado
By Makenzie O’Keefe, CBS4 Denver
December 27, 2018

DENVER (CBS4) – Physicians in Colorado have been busy seeing patients suffering from coughs, sore throats and the flu. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports Colorado is currently one of two states with the highest level of influenza activity.

According to new statistics by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, flu-related illnesses have spiked in Colorado over the past week. The report shows that 376 people have been hospitalized with the virus since the flu season started in October.

Dr. Heather Young, who works in the Infectious Disease department at Denver Health, said the flu season has not yet peaked in our state.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
The following user(s) said Thank You: smithcourtneym

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Dec 2018 15:07 #2 by Mountain-News-Events

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
The following user(s) said Thank You: smithcourtneym, smithmarie

04 Feb 2019 21:04 #3 by smithcourtneym
Yes, according to the most recent stats I checked (week ending Jan 26, 2019), Colorado has a "high level" of influenza activity. So far, here are the stats from our state: For the week ending Jan. 26, 2019 here is what CDC website says for CO:

- 1,548 people hospitalized during the 2018-19 flu season.

- 18 outbreak in long-term care facilities.

- 1 death in children under age 18 years.

I say get tested asap if you think you have the flu. If you catch it early enough, you might be able to reduce the symptoms and length of being sick. I have become a big fan of Metro Urgent Care because I they take Medicare and are cheaper than the other options I have explored. Where do you all go if you get the flu? Do you get over the counter meds or go to the doc? I love the staff at this place. They take excellent care of my son and I:

Aurora Urgent Care Clinic
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: smithmarie

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds