deaths are up 40%

03 Jan 2022 23:56 #1 by Blazer Bob
deaths are up 40% was created by Blazer Bob
Either this is fiction or something is up. What do you think?

" (The Center Square) – The head of Indianapolis-based insurance company OneAmerica said the death rate is up a stunning 40% from pre-pandemic levels among working-age people.

“We are seeing, right now, the highest death rates we have seen in the history of this business – not just at OneAmerica,” the company’s CEO Scott Davison said during an online news conference this week. “The data is consistent across every player in that business.”

OneAmerica is a $100 billion insurance company that has had its headquarters in Indianapolis since 1877. The company has approximately 2,400 employees and sells life insurance, including group life insurance to employers in the state.
Davison said the increase in deaths represents “huge, huge numbers,” and that’s it’s not elderly people who are dying, but “primarily working-age people 18 to 64” who are the employees of companies that have group life insurance plans through OneAmerica.

“And what we saw just in third quarter, we’re seeing it continue into fourth quarter, is that death rates are up 40% over what they were pre-pandemic,” he said.

“Just to give you an idea of how bad that is, a three-sigma or a one-in-200-year catastrophe would be 10% increase over pre-pandemic,” he said. “So 40% is just unheard of.”"...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jan 2022 07:35 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic deaths are up 40%
COUPLE of things to consider......

Having worked in Corp America ...unless there is a UNION to watch dog the management, your life can be
'hell' Ask any Amazon employee,and that is BEFORE COVID.....the theme in BIG businesses is"we don't care,u r a warm body filling a space,PERFORM YOUR MJR'S (MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES). Oh, by the way, your work load will increase by 30-40% because we need to lay off more employees to satisfy our investors....(.BEFORE COVID,) now with Covid, the work force is burn out,because of work load,health concerns.....what does that do to a physical body? (more important,mental stress impacts the physical,
it would be interesting to break down the number of health problems that caused the volume of deaths) I doubt that Covid was the major factor.....it being the SECONDARY condition, JMO....the smart individuals r quitting left and right or retiring or cutting hours....I am witnessing this in our medical community,4 months TWO MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS left practice,they WERE my PCP.......I am floating in the ocean,no land in sight...the office mgr is assuring me I am covered, but it will take (realistically) one or TWO months to find a good fit replacement.

04 Jan 2022 13:38 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic deaths are up 40%
Fentanyl is killing more Americans between 18-45 than Covid-19 but it just isn't getting the coverage. China has been delivering it across the border for years but now it looks like the shipments are just getting larger.
And I do wonder if some Americans are just giving up, tired of the lockdowns, the masks, the limited contact so they are drinking themselves to death, or doing drugs, or just stopped caring about living.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds