Does it really do you good?
Does it reverse osteoprosis?
Does it make you fit?
Can it help you lose weight?
Does it make you feel good?
Is it a cardiovascular event?
Is it good for low back concerns?
What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Sep 2010 07:40 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Walking - Is it really good for you?
:) All I know is I have to walk everyday or I don't feel good. The dog and I walk everyday and I it is something I look forward to.

I also tend towards hypoglycemia and it helps alot with that as well.

07 Sep 2010 09:48 #3 by Nic at Night
To me walking for exercise is better than nothing but I can't see it helping much for weight loss or getting fit. Just a good starting point. Walking in the hills is different.

08 Sep 2010 22:52 #4 by Get Fit_Feel Great

Nic at Night wrote: To me walking for exercise is better than nothing but I can't see it helping much for weight loss or getting fit. Just a good starting point. Walking in the hills is different.

CinnamonGirl wrote: :) All I know is I have to walk everyday or I don't feel good. The dog and I walk everyday and I it is something I look forward to.

I also tend towards hypoglycemia and it helps alot with that as well.

Walking is good in itself. Whether it is making you better, of course, would be relative. If it makes you feel good, great.
As far as fitness goes, Nic, you're right, it is a start, even with the hills we have here, especially if you walk the same "hills" all the time. Walking is "normally" minimal exercise, if you walk at a "regular" pace.
It can help increase fitness levels and weight loss, but usually only at first. Then your body gets acclimated to it and the increase in fitness and decrease in weight slows or stops.

C Girl, have you been diagnosed with hypoglycemia? What is your true state of health and why do you tend to have it? What is your nutrition like? What is your body composition (lean mass to body fat ratio)? What activities do you do regularly?
Walking and moving in general is good for your health, moving constructively is great for your organs and health. This is probably why you feel good walking your dog. Eating properly for your condition(s) also allow you to be healthier. These may and usually do play a large part on how you feel.
Many dis- eases we humans have may be contributed to by our lifestyle whether we like to admit it or not. But we also must get the facts before we can conclude this with any individual.
You can PM me with these answers if you wish or call to talk.
rundog:

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds