What is Watsu?

05 Nov 2010 07:43 #1 by sweetwater
What is Watsu? was created by sweetwater
Watsu is a form of body therapy, influenced by Shiatsu, and performed in warm water. The recipient is continuously supported while being floated, cradled, rocked, stretched and moved through the water. The warm water combined with the Watsu movements results in a wide range of therapeutic benefits.
Watsu has been proven to reduce stress and promote relaxation. Clients experience an improved range of motion and joint mobility. The movements used promote a decrease in pain and muscle spasm. Many people leave a Watsu session saying that they are more relaxed than they have ever been. Some say it was one of the most powerful experiences in their life.
For more information about Watsu in the Evergreen area, go to [url=http://www.sweetwaterwatsu.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.sweetwaterwatsu.com[/url]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Nov 2010 20:16 #2 by Mountaingirl
Replied by Mountaingirl on topic What is Watsu?
I experienced Watsu for the first time - it was a truly incredibly relaxing experience. I highly recommend.

18 Nov 2010 06:54 #3 by Nic at Night
Replied by Nic at Night on topic What is Watsu?
How much does a session cost? and how long does it take? Do you wear a bathing suit when you are in a treatment?

18 Nov 2010 08:17 #4 by Mountaingirl
Replied by Mountaingirl on topic What is Watsu?
yes, you wear a bathing suit, session is 1 hour, can go longer - I believe, if you want and cost is similar to massage - mine was a gift, you may want to check with Sweetwater Watsu - the contact info is on her post. And, she is local - up Brook Forest Road - a pool in a yurt! very cool. Very nice experience, . .

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds