Homeopathic Medicines

12 Dec 2010 19:17 #1 by Mountaingirl
I am a believer in Homeopathic and Natural Medicines. Working with a Homeopathic Manufacturer for 15 years and studying holistic Nutrition, here are some helpful medicines for cough - these are NOT recommendations, as I am not a physician, just sharing what I learned to help us through this winter with relief;

Symptom – Remedy

1. Sudden onset, especially after dry, cold weather. Feelings of fearfulness, restlessness. Early stage croup. – Aconitum napellus
2. Watery, burning eyes and intense sneezing. Acrid nasal discharge, worse when exposed to warmth and at night. – Allium cepa
3. Chilly. Burning Pains. Anxious and restless. Tickling cough, worse at night. – Arsenicum album [Metallum album]
4. Sudden onset. Red and radiating dry heat. Feelings of confusion. Inflammation of eyes and ears. – Belladonna
5. Early stage. Gradual onset. Vague symptoms. Congestive headache, better with cold. – Ferrum phosphoricum
6. Late stage. Thick yellow/green stringy discharge. Post-nasal drip. Loss of smell. – Kalium bichromicum
7. Late stage. Thick yellow/green discharge. Stuffed up at night. Feelings of weepiness, clinginess in children. – Pulsatilla

Also, an amazing flu medicine is Oscillococcinum (ah-sil-o-cox-see-num) - you can find all at local health food stores and supermarkets.

Stay warm and be well,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Dec 2010 20:07 #2 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Homeopathic Medicines
My famliy has been in Homeopathy for many many years also. In fact I have most of those that you described above. Doctors are a very last resort for me. I believe the body can heal itself from most anything with a little help and proper diet. I would be very interested in taling to you more about it. My house looks like a health food store.

12 Dec 2010 22:08 #3 by Mountaingirl
Replied by Mountaingirl on topic Homeopathic Medicines
i find it interesting also, your lucky your family was into it, that is pretty cool.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds