How to have a Happy and Healthy New Year

29 Dec 2010 11:56 #1 by Get Fit_Feel Great
[center:177vpwmm]Have a Happy and Healthy New Year.[/center:177vpwmm]This is it. The day we have been waiting for. The day we will start to better ourselves, mentally and physically. Yes, they do go together. It’s not just a physical thing. You have to be mentally prepared to be physical long term in order to achieve your needs and wants, or as others may call it, goals.

So much to do, so much to learn to be effective. How do I work out, when do I work out, how intense do I work out?
What do I eat, how much of it, when do I eat?

Who to listen to? What books do I follow?
These are just a few of the questions that make getting fit and feeling great tough. After all, that’s what most people think. It’s hard work.
Yes it is. That is why you want to be effective with it.
Don’t waste your time with so called diets. If you spent as much time and effort eating correctly as you do wasting it on diets, you would be where you need to be.
Don’t waste your time with workouts you can do easily (of course, start out easy to acclimate yourself to harder workouts).
The bottom line is you must stimulate your body enough to create a need for it to change and feed it correctly to facilitate the change.
Building muscle is by far the best type of change you can do for your body. It not only creates a body you really want, burns body fat all on its’ own, and it also raises your self-esteem. You most likely will not explode with muscles like some people think. You can lose body fat much quicker than you can gain muscle.
Losing weight as most people are obsessed with usually involve losing muscle and body fat. Normally more muscle is lost, causing a drop in your metabolic rate.
So, find the right workout(s) for you and eat right to achieve the body you want.
More protein, more good carbohydrates, and some good and bad fat.
Each individual’s needs will be different depending on whether you want to lose body fat, gain muscle, create more power, speed, body shape, etc.
If you need motivation, then hire a Personal Trainer, even if for a month or two to get yourself going. You will learn great things from a great Trainer. Don’t sell yourself short. It will be a great investment for you.
Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Sam Moy, ISSA CPT/FT
Bailey Massage and Fitness
E-mail: .
Serving the Mountain Community for over 12 years.
Free consultation for 285 Bound readers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds