Whew surgery is over

10 Jun 2010 17:54 #1 by PhoneGeek
I made it thru vericous vein surgery. :Crying: I'm sore and bruised but over all not feeling too bad. I wonder what my mummy wrapped leg looks like, find out in the morning.

So excited I'll be able to hike again without leg pain :crossed:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2010 18:58 #2 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Whew surgery is over
Just saw something about this type of surgery on the news the other night. Some new way of doing it. Did you have the new way? Sorry I was half asleep when I saw it and don't remember exactly what it was called.

Good for you that you will be able to walk without pain soon.

10 Jun 2010 21:12 #3 by PhoneGeek
Replied by PhoneGeek on topic Whew surgery is over
Yep, I had that new procedure done, and that was my surgeon on TV. They want me back to normal activities tomorrow.

10 Jun 2010 22:34 #4 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Whew surgery is over

PhoneGeek wrote: Yep, I had that new procedure done, and that was my surgeon on TV. They want me back to normal activities tomorrow.

That quick? Wow that must be some new surgery. Glad you are doing well.

10 Jun 2010 23:31 #5 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Whew surgery is over

PhoneGeek wrote: They want me back to normal activities tomorrow.

PG, I know nothing about your procedure so take this for what it is worth (not much) but my opinion is that they should want in one hand and sh** in the other and see what weighs more. In other words listen to what your body tells you.
I had a procedure a while ago and in my opinion the surgeon looked a table that says for procedure x full recovery is between y weeks and y weeks plus one. My surgeon is nuts.
Again listen to your body.
NOTE: I am not in the medical profession, just a stichey.

Edit:
Is a phonegeek any relation to a phonefreek?

11 Jun 2010 06:17 #6 by PhoneGeek
Thanks everyone, this morning I feel pretty good. I get the bandages off this morning, even thinking about driving myself. I didn't even need a pain killer yesterday. I am listening to my body though, what really sucks is I gained 5 lbs. from surgery, swelling ect.. errrrr :VeryScared:

Here is the article about the doctor. http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=140318 , she is also the president of Rose's surgery team. It does take some time to get into her, she is very booked.

Nope don't know phonefreek, I'm still trying to get used to phonegeek, after being soccermom for years. :woo hoo:

11 Jun 2010 07:07 #7 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Whew surgery is over
PG, I'm glad you are feeling good and I hope you're happy wiht the results. Having no pain is a very good thing indeed! Holler down the hill if you need anything!

11 Jun 2010 10:55 #8 by DrMike
Replied by DrMike on topic Whew surgery is over
I hope you get better each day, I saw that same segment on channel 9..wow...I bet this helps many!

11 Jun 2010 12:35 #9 by PhoneGeek
Drove myself :BodyBuild: , leg doesn't look bad just bruising and marker lines. Looks like a bad tattoo job. :VeryScared:

Now off to my daughters soccer tournament at Dicks Sporting Good Park. :biggrin:

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds