Mother Earth recycling closing its doors

08 Apr 2011 15:10 #1 by JMC
Sorry to see them go
Dear Mother Earth Customer:
After 10 years of offering recycling services to our community, Mother Earth Recycling is going out of business effective immediately. I started Mother Earth in 2001 with the goal of making recycling a way of life for people in the mountain communities. Since that time, the major trash companies have seen the value in offering recycling to all their customers. Until recently, Mother Earth was able to fill the void for those people who could not get recycling from their local trash company.
As of today, Mountain View Waste, a trash company that offers a trash service to all our existing customers has decided to offer recycling. My understanding is that they are offering a recycling service to their customers for no additional cost with more frequent pick-ups than Mother Earth currently can offer. Given this development, Mother Earth can no longer stay in business.
We will pick up any mother earth bins or paper bins we provided you on your next scheduled pick-up day which is tomorrow. Please have them empty as we will not be equipped to take any materials when we come. If you have already paid us for future pick-ups, we will issue a refund for the service not yet rendered.
While I’m saddened at the end of Mother Earth, I am pleased that recycling is here to stay. That was after all, the goal. Thanks for your many years of support. Continue to recycle and respect your Mother Earth.

Sincerely,
David R. Jones
Founder
Mother Earth Recyclingg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2011 19:52 #2 by Wily Fox aka Angela
interesting timing, as I just read a post about Mountain View Waste now offering recycling. I think this company was the provider for their customers. Is that true?

08 Apr 2011 19:58 #3 by mountaindollar
Sad that they are leaving but if anyone can give me information on the Mountain View stuff that would be great.

09 Apr 2011 06:37 #4 by JMC

Wily Weasel wrote: interesting timing, as I just read a post about Mountain View Waste now offering recycling. I think this company was the provider for their customers. Is that true?

I don't know for sure.

10 Apr 2011 21:35 #5 by hvgal
I am so sad to hear this! I take my trash to the MVW site on 285 so still don't have a way to recycle and I bet I am not alone. I have worked to get recycling up here for years and am thrilled that MVW will be doing this. I just hope they will allow drop off too.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds