Alright, I can't help it. I'll make this short and sweet.

05 May 2011 01:50 #1 by Jekyll
Alright, I can't help it. I'll make this short and sweet.
1.) The taxes on the booze at "Biggies" is VERY high because of the King Soopers Complex. "Improvement" tax okay? That's a serious lip biter for me, and of course is just something that I might pay attention to.
2.) There's a lot of glitze and glamor over there at Biggies, so what? The other liquor stores I frequent and give ALL my business to may not carry every little bottle of booze on the face of the planet, but they can get it for me, and they'll do it without an arrogant attitude *****, and at a reasonable price, WITHOUT the higher taxes and probably hook me up with a discount because I spend ALL my booze money there.***********************************************************************
3.) ********************************************************************************************************************************************************
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************
4.)********************************************************************************************************************************************************
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************
*********************************************************** To criminey with all the glitze and glamor, I'm a local bud, and proud of it. Peace out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 May 2011 12:08 #2 by JMC
You sound like a disgruntled ex employee, you seem to know a lot of personal details.

05 May 2011 13:07 #3 by CC
I love Biggie's. They are some of the most knowledgeable folks I have met.
Always friendly and greeted with a smile.
I hate to see random attacks on great businesses up there.
Times are hard enough without neighbors causing you more grief.
Geeeez Louise

06 May 2011 15:05 #4 by TPP
I have Never and will NEVER do business with Biggie's nothing personal with them, but as a 21 year resident my loyalty stays with the stores that were here years ago, (unless I'm screwed, in this case I NEVER HAVE BEEN! Nor will I ever be) and they get my $$$. As some of you know I'm VERY loyal, almost to a fault.

Never even had a Wendy's burger, screw 'em take it down the mountain.

07 May 2011 11:04 #5 by Mr Peabody
If Biggies had the best prices I would shop there. They don't, so I shop at the places that do.

10 May 2011 13:24 #6 by MountainRoadCrew
Some personal information has been removed from the original post. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

10 May 2011 13:56 #7 by JMC
Biggies has the best selection and prices, and sorry Jekyll, have found the attitude and knowledge there to be top notch. I think ,judging by the volume of shoppers, most people don't buy what you are selling. I mostly shop Kings, better selection for me and better prices than Safeway.Do you not but from any of the stores or restaurants in that center because of the tax? Still sounds like a personal beef.

10 May 2011 15:49 #8 by Grady

jmc wrote: Biggies has the best selection and prices, and sorry Jekyll, I have found the attitude and knowledge there to be top notch.

:yeahthat:

And I really like the "Camping Door", great beers in cans.

11 May 2011 00:34 #9 by major bean
I went there once to get some Burgundy and they had none. Have never gone back.

Regards,
Major Bean

11 May 2011 07:07 #10 by Rockdoc
Life is an attitude and I see so much more anger than there ever used to be. Everything you do in life involves choices. If you choose to shop where you do, found out you made a mistake, you do have the choice of not going back. So the only reason to rant is because there are other underlying issues. Best you have the attitude that takes responsibility for your feelings as opposed to lashing out as a convenient scapegoat. We support local too, though liquor and beer are not major shopping for us. Seems to me that Biggies is local and I can choose to go there or elsewhere.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds