Alright, I can't help it. I'll make this short and sweet.

11 May 2011 08:37 #11 by CinnamonGirl
I have talked to management and they have something like 40 years experience between them. In my world, that is worth a few extra dollars. In my neighborhood we have a couple restaurants that we go to every week. Some people would think that would be boring but we love the fact that they know us so well. Armando's down the street is fun because of the character of the owner and the employees. One night we were out talking to the staff for an hour after they closed. They are our friends. They served my son his first drink when he was 21. We went there after my son graduated from high school and many other things. They are almost like good friends now. And know all about us from birthdays and our special events.

So, for me, it is about the personal contact. Local is fun, local is faster and gives you more time for other things and local saves money in gas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 May 2011 06:27 #12 by V_A
what is the KS tax? 1%?

if you notice 1% on your 6-pack of beer, you might be a red neck

28 Jul 2012 17:17 #13 by CC

Grady wrote:

jmc wrote: Biggies has the best selection and prices, and sorry Jekyll, I have found the attitude and knowledge there to be top notch.

:yeahthat:

And I really like the "Camping Door", great beers in cans.

Went in today for some fixins for PiƱa Coladas and some wine for spritzers and was blown away by their knowledge of almost everything in the store. Had a wonderful chat about tequila.
I just love Biggies.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds