Ask a Personal Trainer! - Our Featured Business of the Week!

15 Aug 2011 12:13 - 10 May 2021 04:33 #1 by MyMountainTown
Hello Bounders! :sunshine:

A new week = a new business! After last week's success with our Aspen Creek Vets, we're continuing with another of our wonderful long-time partners, Anytime Fitness . Please join us in welcoming them to the hot seat, where they will answer your questions, and tell you more about themselves and their philosophy of helping you!

To kick things off, here's a little more about them:

Anytime Fitness, located in the Conifer MarketPlace, opened its doors on March 1st, 2009 and they have been open 24/7/365 since! As part of the world’s largest 24 hour co-ed fitness franchise, we are always open, close to work or home, and affordable. You can work out anytime of the day or night and have full use of our state-of-the-art strength training equipment and cardiovascular equipment. We offer a clean, safe, supportive atmosphere. Personal trainers, private restrooms with showers, and tanning are all also available. You have access to over 1600 clubs worldwide!

This August 20th, we are hosting a fundraiser for the Intermountain Humane Society from 9:00AM until 1:00 PM. There will be Zumba and spin classes in the parking lot, and also Action Sports will supervise gymnastics for the kids! A silent auction will be held with all proceeds going to IMHS. The community has been so generous in providing items for the auction; we thank them from the bottom of our hearts! Also, Anytime Fitness will donate a portion of the signup fee to IMHS of anyone that purchases a membership that day. So please come out and join us for a great cause. We look forward to seeing you at the event. :wave:

285bound.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=96

File Attachment:

Thank you everyone!

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Aug 2011 12:40 #2 by ScienceChic
So I have 2 questions:

1. Hubby is doing a Diabetes Tour de Cure 35 mile charity bike race this Saturday, and he's just now getting ready for it by riding again (hasn't ridden for years). What exercises/stretches would you recommend that he focus on to really limber up and lessen his chance of getting hurt or being so sore that he can't move (or make it up to the 285Bound picnic later that day!)?

2. We recently bought a BowFlex off of Craigslist and are starting to figure out how to use it. We looked through the online manual for ab/core exercises, but didn't find too many - can you give a couple examples, or point us to a website that might illustrate a few more we can do? I'd be happy to stop by if showing me would be easier! Ever since I started pilates, I'm a big proponent of focusing on strengthening my core as everything stems from there and with the BowFlex in the basement, I don't have room for my Pilates Reformer unless I kick the kids out of the remainder of the play area!! :)

Thank you!!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Aug 2011 13:39 #3 by Bostongirl51
I would like to know how much a memebership is for 2 Adults please.

16 Aug 2011 14:19 #4 by JMC
Is there really a difference if you exercise in the morning rather than later in the day?

16 Aug 2011 16:11 #5 by anytime

Science Chic wrote: So I have 2 questions:

1. Hubby is doing a Diabetes Tour de Cure 35 mile charity bike race this Saturday, and he's just now getting ready for it by riding again (hasn't ridden for years). What exercises/stretches would you recommend that he focus on to really limber up and lessen his chance of getting hurt or being so sore that he can't move (or make it up to the 285Bound picnic later that day!)?

2. We recently bought a BowFlex off of Craigslist and are starting to figure out how to use it. We looked through the online manual for ab/core exercises, but didn't find too many - can you give a couple examples, or point us to a website that might illustrate a few more we can do? I'd be happy to stop by if showing me would be easier! Ever since I started pilates, I'm a big proponent of focusing on strengthening my core as everything stems from there and with the BowFlex in the basement, I don't have room for my Pilates Reformer unless I kick the kids out of the remainder of the play area!! :)

Thank you!!

Good for your husband getting back in the saddle, so to speak. One of our members is riding in that race also. Without knowing your husband and what type of shape he is currently in, I will tread lightly! Remember how when we were young we were told to stretch before running, biking, etc? Not so...stretching before the muscles are warmed up actually cause small tears in the cold muscles..getting on a treadmill, slow jog, etc. is a better way to warm the muscles and studies have shown that runners actually perform about 13% better than the old fashioned way of stretching first. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense. And remember to stretch after the activity and stay hydrated. Is he doing any other type of exercises to strenghten his legs like squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc?

As far as the Bowflex, I have only used one once. I don't think there are too many exercises on the Bowflex that are core specific. If someone out there has a Bowflex and knows of some good core workouts, let us know. I prefer other ways of working the core using the BOSU ball, kettle bells, medicine balls, cable equipment, etc. Please give us a call to set up a time to come to the gym, I would be happy to show you.

Again, good luck to the husband in the race...diabetes is an epidemic in the U.S. and through education we could slow down this terrible disease.

16 Aug 2011 16:16 #6 by anytime

Sports1 wrote: I would like to know how much a memebership is for 2 Adults please.

We have different memberships available; please give us a call to set up a time to check out the gym and discuss your options! Thanks for your interest.

16 Aug 2011 17:40 #7 by anytime

jmc wrote: Is there really a difference if you exercise in the morning rather than later in the day?

I prefer to work out first thing in the morning...that is my preference...I feel that it is a great way to start the day. It gives me a psychological lift also. I start the day out healthy and positive; why would I want to do something to negate what I just did. Do I think about getting a cheeseburger and fries, sometimes, but it is overruled in my pea brain! Another reason for working out first thing in the morning is that life happens. Too many excuses or things that pop up unexpected. My workout is done! As far as working out later in the day, if that works for you, go for it. Just find the time that is going to work and stick to it. Some people have problems sleeping after working out, but again, see what works best for you. The bottom line is just get up off the couch and move and make smart choices with the food that you eat. Again, the bottom line is get some exercise every day. Break a sweat!

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds