When to say goodbye? Info on euthanasia.

13 Oct 2011 13:37 #1 by Amy Murdock DVM
Euthanasia for pets is a little bit of a double edged sword. On one hand it can be a blessing to ease some of the pain and suffering that you and your pet are expereincing. On the other hand it can be hard to make that "final" decision.
When people ask me when is the appropriate time to euthanize their pet, I ask them to think about quality of life (compared to quantity) for both you and your pet--in my opinion this is an important factor in the decision. Can your pet do the things that makes them happy? (My dog's favorite things to do are eat, sleep, play and go for walks.) Are you spending all of your time taking care of every day needs or are you spending quality time together? If they are painful, are they on sufficient medications and/or treatments to make them comfortable?
When you decide that it is the appropriate time to say good bye to your friend be aware that there are several options to make this an easier transition. We offer euthanasias at your home as well as cremation where you can get the ashes back (if you so choose). You can call the clinic for other questions as well as prices and availability.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds