Has anyone seen the movie War Horse?

03 Jan 2012 08:29 #1 by Shannon Harland-DVM
I admit that I have not, though it is somewhere on my list of things to do. Given that it is about a horse, is directed by Steven Spielberg, and I hear is sad, I may have to gear myself up to go. There have been quite a few horse movies over the years, but I think the last one I truly cried while watching was Phar Lap. It still ranks among my top favorite.

Do you have any favorite horse movies?

Dr Shannon Harland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jan 2012 09:01 #2 by MellowYellow
A friend of mine saw War Horse over the holidays - she said is very sad - probably nothing for the men in our lives.

Among some of my favorites are My Friend Flika, Black Beauty and Thunderhead. The last one I actually went to the theater to see was The Horse Whisperer with Robert Redford. Almost all horse movies are awsome!

03 Jan 2012 11:48 #3 by ScienceChic
I don't like getting depressed because of a movie so I usually don't go watch them right away if I know they go that direction. I did see Black Beauty as a little girl and loved it. The Horse Whisperer was good, Seabiscuit was really good, and so was Wild hearts Can't Be Broken - why is it all of those have some tragedy with a kid involved? It's like Disney killing off moms, it's just wrong. :)

I heard good things about War Horse though, so go enjoy!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Jan 2012 13:45 #4 by Mtn Gramma
We're going to see War Horse either Thursday or Friday -- I'll let you know how DH and I liked it.

06 Jan 2012 16:39 #5 by Mtn Gramma
We enjoyed the movie but the war scenes involving horses was brutal. Can't recommend this one to horse lovers.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds