Long's Brothers Towing RANT

04 Feb 2012 08:52 #11 by mountaindollar
One off note towing insurance is very cheap to add to an insurance policy or you can get it through AAA. If you had to be towed even once it would more than pay for itself for several years.

If we take the RV out for a long trip we double cover it with our insurance and either AAA or Good Sam for roadside assistance again small price to pay for peace of mind.

Let's just hope no one slides off the road that would be the best.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Feb 2012 20:53 #12 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic Long's Brothers Towing RANT
I've never been a fan of my tow companies and they nickel & dime practices.

I doubt on a snow day Long's just ran out to tow this car without a call from someone or the police, they would have enough other legit calls to deal with vs. chasing a possible tow.

05 Feb 2012 10:58 #13 by Honda Rider
It is sad to hear such bad things about Long Bros. Stuff like this would never had happened when Rudy and Wes were running things way back when it was a full service gas station and repair facility.
Long Bros really is a true legacy up here, ruining their own reputation by terrible customer service, but like everything else now a days good customer service has fallen to the way side.
What ever happened in this situation I dont know,,, but this about the third thread I have read about Longs very recently, I know a few of the drivers who are intimidating looking mountain men, hell so am I lol , its just a shame to hear this,, just saying.

05 Feb 2012 13:42 - 05 Feb 2012 18:20 #14 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Long's Brothers Towing RANT
Handa, it is one thing to look like an intimidating mountain man but come on with a reasonable as opposed ruthless tone of voice. You just don't tell a good Samaritan to get lost.

05 Feb 2012 18:17 #15 by deltamrey
OK - we have given these parasites enough free exposure. AAA is an excellent alternative, professional and honest. And cheap
and available up here. Competition drives service and quality.

05 Feb 2012 18:44 #16 by ShilohLady
Except that if you call AAA up here, odds are that you'll get Longs Bros....

I've personally had both good and bad service from Longs Bros.

05 Feb 2012 19:02 #17 by Sunshine Girl
Personally I don't think this type of behavior is anything that is news to the owners/management of Long Brothers. I have lived up here almost 5 years and have never once needed to use them, but I have heard negative things about them time after time.

What surprised me was the towing driver's attitude from the moment he walked up. EXTREMELY RUDE! Trust me, I'm not intimidated by anyone, especially people who act like this. Luckily, I had read enough to know exactly what I was dealing with. If he had been nice, helpful, kind, patient, empathetic, etc. to the situation the young men were in then I would have paid him myself for his troubles.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone driving by called the highway patrol and in turn they called the towing company, but I don't believe that the young men were responsible for paying a trip charge. Of course, I could be wrong.

I feel for the people that have had bad experiences with them, and I'm happy for those that have had good experiences. I just feel that we live in a rather small community and all businesses should realize that and conduct themselves accordingly. Trust me, that goes the same for businesses in ANY community, large or small. My motto is:

TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMER OR SOMEBODY ELSE WILL!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

05 Feb 2012 19:08 #18 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Long's Brothers Towing RANT

Very well said!

05 Feb 2012 19:10 - 06 Feb 2012 21:45 #19 by Sunshine Girl

Becky wrote:

Very well said!

Thanks!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

06 Feb 2012 08:36 #20 by BearMtnHIB
Just remember that you have the right to refuse to use any private company. Just because Long's is the local guy- does not mean you have to use them.

If the State Patrol is involved- you can request that the tow company be the one of you're choosing- not the one that comes up on their rotation.

I have heard the State Patrol request a specific towing company on behalf of motorists- so don't think that you are stuck using a company that disrespects it's customers.

We do have a choice- don't be intimidated into using any private company just because they show up first.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds