CTI Superbowl Tournament Today!

25 Feb 2012 08:23 #1 by ScienceChic
[youtube:3ch54o97]
[/youtube:3ch54o97]
Filmed at the Conifer and Green Mountain Campuses of the CTI
Welcome to the 38th CTI Superbowl

If you want to see some amazing kids, come on down to Alameda High School and watch them break boards, spar, and compete in patterned offensive/defensive movements called poomses. The Black Belts usually do a demonstration which is really cool to see (not as cool as watching my kids, but you know, they're the best in the whole wide world!). :sunshine:

Alameda High School is on Wadsworth south of 6th Ave. and the competition in held in the gym - access from the back of the building (next to the baseball/soccer field). Edit to add: the competition goes until 2pm today.

If you ever wanted to have your kids, especially your daughters, learn how to defend themselves, gain increased self-confidence, self-discipline, become involved in community service, learn leadership skills (the 2nd deg black belt teaching my daughter's class twice a week just turned 16, he's part of the Ski Patrol, and is the nicest, most mature teenager I've ever met), and have a great time getting exercise and making new friends, please come check out the campus in Conifer. You won't be sorry!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Feb 2012 08:54 #2 by AlpineMike
What time does it start?

25 Feb 2012 09:03 #3 by ScienceChic
Sorry, I forgot that too didn't I? <smacks head> It's already started.

Purple, Brown and Red Belts (all ages) - Saturday - 8am (This of course means warmed up and ready to compete by 8am).
Students ages 8 and under (blue and below) - Saturday - 10am (arrive by 9:45am please)
Students ages 9 and up (blue and below) - Saturday - 12 noon (arrive by 11:45am please)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Feb 2012 20:23 #4 by ScienceChic
It was a great tournament last Saturday! They always have it very well organized, staffed, and clicking right along.

01 Mar 2012 12:22 #5 by ScienceChic
Okay, I had to include this "Welcome to the Superbowl" from last year, just because it made me laugh out loud! :biggrin:
[youtube:2z8ow6cb]
[/youtube:2z8ow6cb]

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds