Just Wanted To Give Everyone An Update On "Little Big Man"

02 Mar 2012 16:09 #1 by Shannon Harland-DVM

"Little Big Man" on arrival.

Just wanted to give everyone an update on "Little Big Man". As many of you might have seen on the internet or on channel 7 news, he was admitted 2 weeks ago in dire condition. He was emaciated from malnutrition and was so weak that he could not stand. He had been down and unable to stand for several weeks prior to seizure by Animal Control. Since arrival, he has gained a significant amount of weight and is getting stronger by the day. For the first 3 days in our hospital he had to be hoisted to his feet to stand, but since then he has been able to get up on his own. He has a wonderful home that has offered to adopt him as soon as the paperwork can be finalized. On a sadder note, we have a horse in our hospital that desperately needs a home. "Gracie" suffered a severe injury to the ligaments and tendons on one hind leg. Despite the odds being against her, she has made a remarkable recovery. She will not be likely to be riding sound, but would make a very nice companion horse or broodmare. She is a 9 year old sorrel QH mare with a very sweet disposition. Her owner has decided that he cannot afford to continue caring for her and would like her to be adopted or he may consider euthanizing her. Harmony Horse Works has offered to help with her ongoing expenses in the short term to save Gracie from euthanasia, but she needs a forever home. If you would like more information about Gracie, please feel free to contact us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Mar 2012 16:39 #2 by CinnamonGirl
I will look into this. I know some horse people that might be willing to help.

03 Mar 2012 09:53 #3 by ScienceChic
Thank you for the update; as soon as I read that it was Aspen Creek Vet taking care of these animals, I knew they would be alright because they were in great hands.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Mar 2012 11:30 #4 by CinnamonGirl
I have a couple people that might be interested in helping. As soon as I find out I will let you know.

We are still getting the word out.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds