Lost dog--2-year-old female white and tan rat terrier

14 Mar 2012 13:32 #1 by DDennis
Our rat terrier, Zia, went missing from our home/fenced yard on Friday night or Saturday morning while we were out of town. She is white with tan/cream spots and a tan head with a white heart shape on her forehead. She has upright ears and a cropped tail, and is about 18 lbs. Reward if found. Pls. call 303-880-7240. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Mar 2012 15:37 #2 by 285critters bff
Replied by 285critters bff on topic Lost dog--2-year-old female white and tan rat terrier
What area do you live in so we can help you be on the look out? Will she come to a stranger?

14 Mar 2012 15:54 #3 by DDennis
Thank you for the interest. We live on Hillview Rd., which is off 285 on Doubleheader Mountain. She is very friendly and usually runs up to anyone, particularly if you use her name or just call to her.

14 Mar 2012 18:00 #4 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Please let Jeffco Animal Control know. They have an amazing track record of reuniting the lost ones with their humans
http://www.foothillsanimalshelter.org/reunite/

Foothills Animal Shelter Main Number 303.278.7575
Address: 580 McIntyre Street, Golden, CO, 80401

14 Mar 2012 19:59 #5 by DDennis
Thank you, Angela. We've done that and most everything suggested on the EAPL website. Cross your fingers for us!

20 Apr 2012 20:06 #6 by Wily Fox aka Angela

21 Apr 2012 20:32 #7 by DDennis
Thanks for asking! No, we haven't found her. We did have an promising call. A woman called saying she felt sure she'd seen Zia in a neighborhood in N. Denver. Apparently the dog had been recently adopted by these people. My husband and I went to the neighborhood, posted signs and talked to homeowners in the area. A couple of them said they were sure they'd seen the dog walked on their street and would call if they saw the dog again. No calls. When we recently visited the neighborhood, some of the signs were gone.

I don't know what happened to her, but we do still hold out hope. She is very special to us, and we decided not to try to find a replacement for a while, if ever.

Again, thanks for asking, and keep your fingers crossed!

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds