Did you know that all carpet fibers are not created equal?

13 Jul 2010 19:47 #1 by Carpet Direct
Did you know that all carpet fibers are not created equal?

If you don't do some serious homework, walking into a flooring center can be a daunting task. To the untrained observer, all carpet looks and feels the same.

The reality of the situation is that different fibers have drastically different performance ratings.
If you are just looking to replace carpet in a rental home, polyester might be an inexpensive choice for you. Performance is not very good but the price is right.

If you are looking for a little better stain resistance and wear performance in your own home, nylon is definitely the fiber of choice.
What people don't often realize is that there are several different kinds of nylon but they are basically divided into just two categories. 6.0 nylon which is pretty standard across the industry and 6.6 nylon which is a patented Stainmaster nylon.
The difference in performance is like night and day.

Stainmaster provides the consumer with the most stain resistant high performance carpet fiber in the industry.
It's important to deal with trained, knowledgeable professionals when choosing flooring for your home. Whether you are purchasing carpet, wood, tile or any flooring surface, do your homework. Ask questions and find someone who will help you find the kind of flooring that is right for you.

Give me a call and I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about your flooring needs.
I will also come to your home and measure and give you an estimate for free. What do you have to lose?

Becky Van Hout

Becky and her husband have lived in the mountain area for more than 20 years. Our four grown children were all raised here. My husband is a Flooring Contractor and I began my career with Carpet Direct 15 years ago. We love the outdoors and enjoy camping and boating with our three new children, three English Bulldogs named Liberty, Duh! Brutus and Bella.

Carpet Direct
303-816-2273

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds