Deer Creek Realty

31 May 2012 20:57 #11 by BuyersAgent1
Replied by BuyersAgent1 on topic Deer Creek Realty
Disclaimers: 1) I only represent buyers, and therefore don't list. 2) Really love that broker. 3) Have no inside information.

I guess it would be best if agents would tactfully and courteously make it clear right off (or whenever the decision is made) that they don't want a particular listing so that sellers like OP can go elsewhere (and ask why not -- bad market? property-specific conditions? bad feng shui?). But if they don't call you back, their silence means No Thanks, and it is not "unethical" for them to decline the listing, either because they think they can't sell the place within the time required (especially if the clock is ticking on a f/c) or because they just don't want to list it for Whatever Reason. It is also not unethical imho for them to list the property later on behalf of a bank who has foreclosed: the price is way lower (usually), the place is vacant and there's no ticking clock, so the chances of a sale are much greater. Or so I'd assume, anyway.

Naturally I'd also assume DC wishes you had not felt your experience was unprofessional, discourteous or "unethical." If you haven't called to say you had a negative experience and now feel badly that your old home is being listed at their office, I hope you will.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jun 2012 20:08 #12 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Deer Creek Realty

Raees wrote:

akilina wrote: Gee don't really want to get into all of this

(but I will anyway) :rofl

Uh no, only went into one specific area. Could have listed a whole pile of complaints but didn't.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

15 Jun 2012 23:22 #13 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Deer Creek Realty
This is exactly what makes these forums dangerous.

The Broker of this office is a fine individual who has done much for this community.

16 Jun 2012 01:29 #14 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Deer Creek Realty

Becky wrote: This is exactly what makes these forums dangerous.

The Broker of this office is a fine individual who has done much for this community.

Why? Aren't you the one who thought it important that there be an outlet where free speech was allowed so that people could express their opinions without the conversation being controlled by the management? You have your opinion, other people have theirs, and no one individual's opinion is the be-all, end-all whole truth of a situation. The great thing about a forum is it is a mechanism to allow for anyone to read the responses as a whole, weight the positive and negative viewpoints posted based on who they've gotten to know and trust by their record of postings, and decide for themselves which is the more likely truth of the matter, if it even impacts them at all.

As I said earlier in this thread:

Science Chic wrote: This is exactly why I think it's important to have community forums as an avenue of communication. I believe in taking problems directly and privately to the source to solve them, but it's also important to share information with the community at large, and also let businesses know that they must be on top of their customer service. Word of mouth will get around one way or another. I don't know the details of this situation, but I'm very glad that there are multiple viewpoints that cover the spectrum here.

Bashing a business is not cool, but giving them the opportunity to right a wrong and improve their service benefits us all.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds