LOCAL Infant & Toddler Development Classes

24 Jul 2012 06:34 #1 by PeakAcademyofDance
Don't go all the way to town for classes and activities to do with your infants and toddlers - Wendy Westwood brings classes that incorporate music, movement, gross & fine motor development, vestibular stimulation and bonding between parent & child right into Aspen Park at Peak Academy of Dance!

There are 3 classes available:

Groovin' Baby (non-mobile): A 45 min class for infants aged 12 weeks old to crawling that includes activities that stimulate and help develop body and spatial awareness. Babies socialize while their adults sing them songs, play music and dance with them and explore the equipment set up just for them. This class runs in 10-week sessions. Groovin’ baby is designed to stimulate non-mobile babies to develop their sensory awareness and interaction. We work on developing eye tracking, muscle tone, texture awareness, massage, vestibular stimulation, tummy time and bonding between parent and child through music, movement and specialized equipment. Parents are actively involved with their child and will learn songs and techniques that they can take with them to use at home throughout their child’s infancy.

Movin' Baby (mobile): Movin’ Baby is a 45 min class for crawlers that gives moving babies a chance to practice their skills and interact with others. Throughout the class they have time to play with purpose specific equipment and musical instruments while they develop their body, spatial and tactile awareness. Socialization for parents and children plays a key part of this class. This class runs in 10-week sessions. Movin’ baby is designed for babies who are on the go! When the infant starts to bum scoot, commando crawl or crawl on all fours they are ready to explore their world in a whole new way. Movin’ Baby allows them to climb up and down, move over and around different objects and develop their newfound sense of space. We work on developing eye tracking, muscle tone, texture awareness, massage, vestibular stimulation, and bonding between parent and child through music, movement and specialized equipment. Parents are actively involved with their child and will learn songs and techniques that they can take with them to use at home.

Boppin' Toddler (walking to 3yrs): Boppin’ Toddler is a 45 min class for kiddos who are walking independently and starting to work on skills like jumping, changing direction, following instructions and sequencing tasks. Throughout the class they have time to play with purpose specific equipment and musical instruments while they develop their body, spatial and tactile awareness. Socialization for parents and children plays a key part of this class. This class runs in 10-week sessions. Boppin’ Toddler is designed to provide guided movement and musical stimulation for kiddos who are learning what their legs and bodies can do. Boppin’ Toddler allows them to climb up and down, move over and around different objects and develop their newfound sense of space. We work on developing sequencing (dances and instructions), eye tracking, muscle tone, texture awareness, massage, vestibular stimulation, and bonding between parent and child through music, movement and specialized equipment. Parents are actively involved with their child and will learn songs and techniques that they can take with them to use at home.

email: . for more info

Offering a wide range of dynamic classes to the Front Range Mountain Community and Beyond.
www.peakdance.com/
26437 Conifer Rd, Conifer CO 80433
Phone: 303.838.5556
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Like us on Facebook!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jul 2012 06:44 #2 by wendermin
Hi - I'm Wendy! I'm so excited to teach these Infant and Toddler Classes at Peak Academy of Dance this Fall.

I grew up in Conifer, Colorado, and have been dancing since the age of four. After graduating from Conifer High School in 2000, I moved to California to study Theater and Dance at Chapman University. Through Chapman I had the opportunity to go to New Zealand to study abroad at University of Otago where I expanded my dancing horizons to include very post-modern, professional rugby cheerleading and interdisciplinary work combining theater, dance, music, and visual art. I also met my husband, Nick.

After graduating from Chapman in 2004 with a BA in Theater & Dance with an emphasis in Dance, we moved to Wellington, New Zealand where I started my own community based dance organization called The Tap Arts Project. I performed with FERN Dance Theater, Wellington Hurricane Cheerleaders, and via the TAP at many community festivals; choreographed for New Zealand College of Performing Arts, FERN Dance Theater, the Tap Arts Project, schools and local dance companies; and taught tap, jazz, choreography, beginning ballet, modern, adult dance, early development movement, and how to teach dance in schools with companies including the Tap Arts Project, JAM Danceworks, Gymbaroo, Wellington Performing Arts Center, New Zealand College of Performing Arts, DANZ (New Zealand’s national dance organization), Plimmerton School of Dance, public and private schools, among others.

In 2008 I received my Graduate Diploma in Teaching Primary School (years K-8) at Victoria University and in 2009 taught at Tawa Intermediate School where I also directed the Dance Academy and their bi-annual production. 2010 brought on the birth of my first child, Evelyn, and a move back to the beautiful Rocky Mountains.

Since moving back to Colorado, I have been involved at Peak Academy through teaching (pre-school, combos, and talent groups), choreographing (Phantom of the Opera) and program development. I also teach at Creative Minds Early Learning Center primarily in the Pre-K and School-Age classrooms.

I am very excited to call myself the Daytime Program Director at Peak and look forward to developing a well-rounded program that will bring movement and dance to even more members of our community.

My goal is to engage students of all ages and abilities to have fun with dance.

07 Sep 2012 07:59 #3 by PeakAcademyofDance
Hello, hello, hello everyone!

I am so excited to see all the wonderful toddlers at Boppin' Toddler this Monday, September 10th at 11:30-12:15! We are going to have so much fun this session learning about all sorts of animals, singing songs, tumbling and learning about what our bodies can do.

It's not too late to join!! Classes go for 10 weeks - come along. Activities in this timeslot are best suited for kiddos age 12-20months. But give me a call - I'm sure we can work something out.

Have a good weekend - see you Monday :)

Offering a wide range of dynamic classes to the Front Range Mountain Community and Beyond.
www.peakdance.com/
26437 Conifer Rd, Conifer CO 80433
Phone: 303.838.5556
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Like us on Facebook!

07 Sep 2012 10:51 #4 by ScienceChic
:like: Watching toddlers dance is priceless! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds