40" Toshiba Rear Projection TV ~ $65 obo

09 Sep 2012 13:14 #1 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I promised hubby that I would clean out the attic this year. I have done so, which lead to other organization and well, the guest room is now also my sewing/craft room and there is no room for the TV in there. I bought this TV in 1999 and it works fine.
I paid over $3,000 for this when it was new.

ASKING $65 or make me an offer

Includes :
►TV
►Remote
►Manual

The flash really shows my lousy housekeeping skills. :doh:
It is available for pickup. We are in Conifer. Please PM me if you are interested.

Toshiba TW40F80 16:9 rear projection TV

► 40-inch rear-projection CRT TV; measures 37.8 x 44.13 x 18.4 inches (WxHxD)
► TheaterBright screen, ColorStream component video inputs, PowerFocus Lens System
► 3D digital comb filter helps reduce video noise; Invar Shadow Mask insures consistent image quality
►Dimensions (HxWxD): 44" x 37.25" x 15.69"; Weight 145 pounds; ► MSRP $3,299

►The 40H80 has two built-in 14-watt speakers (for 28 watts of total power) and can provide virtual surround sound through these speakers. It features the following video and audio connections:
• Composite video/audio In: 1
• Component video In (Y, Pb, Pr): 1
• S-Video In: 1
• RF: 1

Write up from Amazon:
Turn your living room into your own personal cinema with the 40-inch Toshiba 40H80 rear projection TV. It features a high-contrast TheaterBright screen, ColorStream component video inputs, PowerFocus Lens System, Picture-in-Picture (PIP) capability, and digital comb filter. The 40H80 has a built-in 181-chanel NTSC tuner, but you'll need a separate HDTV tuner to receive high-definition broadcasts.
It features a widescreen picture aspect ratio (16:9; standard TVs have a 4:3 aspect ratio), which is the ideal screen format for viewing widescreen video from DVD players and the growing availability of broadcast programming off digital HDTV tuners (HD content is always widescreen), cable boxes and satellite receivers.
ColorStream Component Video inputs provide the highest possible picture quality from DVD players. By separating the video signal into component elements, hanging dots and artifacts are eliminated, color purity is unparalleled, and remarkable contrast levels are attained. PowerFocus Lens System is a high quality four-element lens system that is designed to maximize both sharpness and brightness. The light emitted from each CRT (red, green, and blue picture tubes) has different characteristics. The 3D digital comb filter helps reduce video noise by comparing each horizontal scanning line with the lines above and below and with the corresponding line on the previous subsequent video frames. To further improve the viewing experience, the 40H80 utilizes an Invar Shadow Mask--an alloy material used to attain better focus and brightness consistency--which ensures that image quality is maintained at all times.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds