Aspen Leaf Handmade Pet Ornaments

04 Nov 2012 13:59 - 24 Nov 2012 09:45 #1 by Aspen Leaf
Hello,

Many of you know me from Facebook or other forums as "Lisa AspenLeaf". I am happy to be here offering handmade gift items available this Christmas: decorated candles (in addition to the dog breed candles of the past), ornaments, and more!

I am especially excited about presenting a brand new item, the Life Story Candle. Sorry, but you'll have to wait to see it on Wednesday after I finish building the prototype (my own).

Let's getting started with some cinnamon:

Crushed Cinnamon Sticks. These candles are covered with crushed, chunky cinnamon sticks. It is shown here with a natural raffia tie and bow, highlighted with a touch of evergreen, and red cannella berries. These make great hostess gifts!

Prices:

3" x 3" - $12
3" x 6" - $16

Next are Whole Cinnamon Stick Candles. This one is 3' x 6" with plaid ribbon, and heavy dusting of snow.

Prices are:

3" x 3" - $16
3" x 6" - $24

Please note: All of my candles are for decorative purposes only, and are not to be burned!

And, now for something completely different: Snow Family Bells! These are handmade, dimensional winter scenes painted on 3" jingle bells.

This bell features a mother and father:

their son and daughter:

and their Christmas tree (fingers not included):

[/color]

Price is $18.

Please, check back often, for more handmade gifts from Aspen Leaf Designs! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Nov 2012 07:18 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Aspen Leaf Handmade Pet Ornaments
You know how much I love cinnamon!

05 Nov 2012 08:54 #3 by pacamom
What is the point of a candle that you can't burn??????

I do like the ornaments. Can they be custom painted with dogs instead of people? Do they still have the jingle bell in them?

05 Nov 2012 08:59 #4 by Aspen Leaf
They do really jingle.

I'm working on painting dogs with the 3D paint. What approximate what breeds would you be interested in?

What a gorgeous boy(?) in your avatar!

05 Nov 2012 10:32 #5 by ScienceChic

pacamom wrote: What is the point of a candle that you can't burn??????

I do like the ornaments. Can they be custom painted with dogs instead of people? Do they still have the jingle bell in them?

I have a bunch of candles that I've bought specifically to use as decoration, not to burn them at all (even though they are meant to be burned) and they don't look nearly as cool as Aspen Leaf's. :thumbsup: The ornaments are cool!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Nov 2012 10:45 #6 by RenegadeCJ

Science Chic wrote:

I have a bunch of candles that I've bought specifically to use as decoration, not to burn them at all (even though they are meant to be burned) and they don't look nearly as cool as Aspen Leaf's. :thumbsup: The ornaments are cool!

We have a bunch too, that are decoration only. Of course, if DW were away, and I needed a candle for something, I'm not above utilizing a "decorator candle" for utility purposes, then hoping DW doesn't notice!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

05 Nov 2012 11:24 #7 by pacamom

Aspen Leaf Designs wrote: They do really jingle.

I'm working on painting dogs with the 3D paint. What approximate what breeds would you be interested in?

Thank you. That's Gingergirl. She needed rescuing.

Can you do the painting from pictures?

05 Nov 2012 13:01 - 06 Nov 2012 16:02 #8 by Aspen Leaf

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Science Chic wrote:

We have a bunch too, that are decoration only. Of course, if DW were away, and I needed a candle for something, I'm not above utilizing a "decorator candle" for utility purposes, then hoping DW doesn't notice!!

Be sure to soak them in water to get off all decorations, and any finishing that's been put on it.

I did an experiment with one of the dog candles. It was fine for 1/3 of the way down. When it got down to the dog's head (the beginning of the decoration), it did catch on fire. It was a little tiny flame, but dangerous none-the-less.

05 Nov 2012 13:03 #9 by Aspen Leaf

pacamom wrote:

Aspen Leaf Designs wrote: They do really jingle.

Thank you. That's Gingergirl. She needed rescuing.

Can you do the painting from pictures?

I think you would have to consider my painting style as abstract/primative at this point. :biggrin:

06 Nov 2012 08:07 - 06 Nov 2012 16:04 #10 by Aspen Leaf

The are for decorative purposes, only.

They make very nice hostess gifts. Also handy for people who give you a gift that you're not prepared for. Have a couple on hand just in case.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds