Celestron NexStar 114 SLT Computerized Telescope - $250

03 Dec 2012 13:43 #1 by Ornithocheirus
FOR SALE.............THIS WILL MAKE A GREAT CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!

I purchased this two years ago and have used it maybe six times since so it is near perfect condition.

Details:

Celestron's computerized NexStar 114 SLT adds affordable GoTo technology to a compact Newtonian reflector telescope. The complete package has everything you need to get started except the batteries. The box contains high and low power eyepieces (9mm and 25mm), the computer controller, an adjustable tripod, a red dot finder, and even a planetarium program for your personal computer.

The NexStar 114 SLT's compact Newtonian optics produce images that are three times brighter than 60mm beginner scopes. With this telescope it's easy to see Saturn's rings and Jupiter's cloud belts. When the night air is still and clear I've been able to see the Cassini division in Saturn's rings and even spot the shadow of Jupiter's moons crossing the planets cloud tops! Deep space objects like star clusters and galaxies also show up nicely. The Ring Nebula M57, for instance, shows up as a pale smoke ring, and globular cluster M13 begins to reveal its individual stars.

Celestron's computerized SkyAlign system is remarkably quick and easy to use. If you can see the moon, you can align this telescope! When you turn on the telescope, select "Solar System Align" on the hand control, enter the date and time, point the telescope at the moon, and press the "Align" button. That's all it takes; the computerized tracking system takes over and begins tracking, quietly, and accurately. Experienced users will love the "Auto Two-Star Align" and "SkyAlign" modes because they allow the telescope to point accurately at over 4,000 objects in the NexStar database. The accurate tracking allowed me to use a Celestron NexImage to take some nice close-up pictures of the moon and planets.

PM me if you would like photo's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds