ALL YOUR WELL PROBLEMS SOLVED

27 Jul 2010 20:21 #1 by navycpo7
Cressler Pump Service has been around over 40 years. We are reliable, honest, resonably priced, and very knowledgeable about wells. We work 6 days a week, 7 if an emergency comes up. We only do what needs to be done to get you back in water. Pressure tanks, pumps, new, repairs, maintenance, we do it all but drilliing the hole.

If you think you are having problems give us a call. Phone call is free.

303-838-5677

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jul 2010 20:32 #2 by chocolove
Can you tell me why my water seems to be getting harder or is that the water guy trying to sell me more stuff?

29 Jul 2010 19:37 #3 by navycpo7

chocolove wrote: Can you tell me why my water seems to be getting harder or is that the water guy trying to sell me more stuff?

I would have another test done to verify it. You can actually take the sample yourself and take it to a state certified lab, or have another test done by someone else just to verify.

Are you getting calicum deposits? Can you tell me alittle about what is going on

29 Jul 2010 20:39 #4 by CC
Replied by CC on topic ALL YOUR WELL PROBLEMS SOLVED
Sometimes our water just stops for about 30 seconds and then comes back.....What is up with that?

30 Jul 2010 05:57 #5 by chocolove
We have had a water softener for years (the water tested over 52 grains hard at that time and all of our clear glasses had become white in the 3 months I was here). We got a new one about 2 years ago. Lately, in the dishwasher all the dishes are starting to get a soapy scum on them. We have tried cleaning everything by hand, with vinegar water, regenerating the softener and even calling the guy out to check the softener. The showers don't feel the same. The water guy says our water is getting harder and we need to get a whole house reverse-osmosis thingy (we have one for the kitchen sink for drinking water). We are about to call an appliance guy out to see if there is something with the dishwasher. All of our kitchen appliances except the refrigerator are about 6 years new. Oh, and this all started about 2 months ago.

02 Aug 2010 22:15 #6 by navycpo7

Becky wrote: Sometimes our water just stops for about 30 seconds and then comes back.....What is up with that?

Turn power off to your pump, turn faucets on until no more water comes out, then if you have a bladder tank, there is a stem that looks like a stem on a bike tire, unscrew the cap and check to see how much air is in the tank. If a bladder tank it sounds like one of two things. either too much air in the tank or your pressure switch has a galvinized nipple connecting it to the tank. The galv nipple could be clogged up and it will only get worse. If it is to much air in the tank then you just need to let alittle air out of the tank. But you can only get a good reading when no more water is in the tank. Once you have solved either problem turn your pump back on and things should be fine. If it is an air problem, you want your air pressure in the tank to be less than the cut in pressure of the pressure switch which you can find somewhere on the switch cover. Make sure if you take the cover off you touch no wires or the switch unless power is off.

02 Aug 2010 22:16 #7 by navycpo7

chocolove wrote: We have had a water softener for years (the water tested over 52 grains hard at that time and all of our clear glasses had become white in the 3 months I was here). We got a new one about 2 years ago. Lately, in the dishwasher all the dishes are starting to get a soapy scum on them. We have tried cleaning everything by hand, with vinegar water, regenerating the softener and even calling the guy out to check the softener. The showers don't feel the same. The water guy says our water is getting harder and we need to get a whole house reverse-osmosis thingy (we have one for the kitchen sink for drinking water). We are about to call an appliance guy out to see if there is something with the dishwasher. All of our kitchen appliances except the refrigerator are about 6 years new. Oh, and this all started about 2 months ago.

Have you had the system you got now serviced. It should be done once a year. Otherwise it becomes somewhat useless.

03 Aug 2010 06:35 #8 by chocolove
Yes, in fact he was just out here and adjusted it. This is when he said we needed to get a whole house reverse osmosis because our water was getting harder.

03 Aug 2010 23:20 #9 by navycpo7

chocolove wrote: Yes, in fact he was just out here and adjusted it. This is when he said we needed to get a whole house reverse osmosis because our water was getting harder.

Just a recommendation, Call a few of the state labs, one down by Camping world is good, or AAA is another, take the sample yourself from a non restricted faucet (bathtub) and see what it comes out to. Then in a few months do it again. You get the results plus saving yourself some money also.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds