Impact of new laws on July 1st.

02 May 2013 21:18 #1 by Green Mountain Guns
Several of the recently passed laws will become effective on July 1. As a result, we can not sell magazines with a capacity of greater than 15 rounds after that date. If you have guns with higher capacity mags on consignment at the shop, the following must happen. The owner can either pick up the mags (no paperwork required as the firearm is the serialized item) and still leave the gun only, for sale, or pull the gun off consignment reacquiring possession of their firearm and mags. This involves a transfer (as the gun is in our books, but not owned by us) and with the new $10 background fee required by the state, no other fees apply. All new guns will have to meet the 15 round or less capacity requirement. Although there are challenges and law suits against these new laws pending, we must comply as of July 1. There are currently many magazines available with higher capacities, so buy them soon if interested.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2013 06:58 #2 by FredHayek
Advice for gun collectors like myself. Buy magazines now of guns you would like to buy later. I just bought some Uzi magazines last week and I am looking for FN 5.7mm pistol magazines right now.

Thanks for the tip about consignment guns. I have sold both rifles and pistols through your consignment system.

Please clarify: you can still put AR-15's and other guns on consignment but only supply 15 and less magazines with them, right?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 May 2013 16:54 #3 by Green Mountain Guns
Yes Fred, that is correct.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds