A different way to stack wood (Holz Hausen)

15 Aug 2013 23:48 #1 by Blazer Bob
I have never done it this way but I have seen some good reviews. If it is something you would consider, do your own homework and report back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Aug 2013 23:49 #2 by Blazer Bob

15 Aug 2013 23:52 #3 by Blazer Bob

16 Aug 2013 00:03 #4 by Blazer Bob
Humm. This thread started as a throw away just because it came across in an e-mail list. Really.

Still.... if there was some young up and coming Neptune Chimney type that wanted to do some customer oriented research...

When the stack is done you mark the top of the vertical stick in the center and when the wood has shrunk to expose xx inches of the pole the wood is seasoned.

:idea: :memorial:

16 Aug 2013 00:16 #5 by ScienceChic
That's a cool-looking way to stack wood. Too bad I don't have a fireplace. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Aug 2013 00:25 #6 by Blazer Bob

Science Chic wrote: That's a cool-looking way to stack wood. Too bad I don't have a fireplace. :)

We can fix that. Go green. Get a wood stove and save the world. :fwave:

I might know someone who can make you a deal.

16 Aug 2013 00:30 #7 by archer
Probably too many no burn days down the hill to make a wood stove practical.

16 Aug 2013 00:42 #8 by ScienceChic
Yeah, plus I'm a sucker for the easy and instant gratification that a gas fireplace provides - flip a switch and bam! warmth. No having to haul wood in from the cold outside and mess with getting it started, plus clean up ashes afterwards. The trick is to find a quality burner so that the flame looks real. We've spent hours in dealers stores viewing working floor models.

As soon as I start rolling in the dough :rofllol I plan to have Neptune Chimney install me a grand, floor-to-ceiling rock fireplace in my great room. I've got a picture somewhere of exactly what I want, I'll have to see if I can dig it up so I can post it.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Aug 2013 01:04 #9 by Blazer Bob

Science Chic wrote: Yeah, plus I'm a sucker for the easy and instant gratification that a gas fireplace provides - flip a switch and bam! warmth. No having to haul wood in from the cold outside and mess with getting it started, plus clean up ashes afterwards. The trick is to find a quality burner so that the flame looks real. We've spent hours in dealers stores viewing working floor models.

As soon as I start rolling in the dough :rofllol I plan to have Neptune Chimney install me a grand, floor-to-ceiling rock fireplace in my great room. I've got a picture somewhere of exactly what I want, I'll have to see if I can dig it up so I can post it.

You do not understand radiant heat. The next time you are in the neighborhood when it is 20 below give me a call and I will rock your world.

16 Aug 2013 08:06 #10 by pacamom

Blazer Bob wrote:

Science Chic wrote: Yeah, plus I'm a sucker for the easy and instant gratification that a gas fireplace provides - flip a switch and bam! warmth. No having to haul wood in from the cold outside and mess with getting it started, plus clean up ashes afterwards. The trick is to find a quality burner so that the flame looks real. We've spent hours in dealers stores viewing working floor models.

You do not understand radiant heat. The next time you are in the neighborhood when it is 20 below give me a call and I will rock your world.

You have got to see his fireplace! 1 match lighting. Really really cool. Or should I say Bob's fireplace wall is 'hot'.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds