Found thank you!!!

17 Oct 2014 18:26 - 30 Oct 2014 18:21 #1 by mountaindollar
As many of you know my father passed away in May and we now have my Mom on some waiting list for independent senior living apartments.

She needs a larger TV in her bedroom as she goes in earlier to sleep since Dad passed away to watch TV and bring her day to an end.

We are looking for a 32 to 40 inch flat panel TV with a stand I am looking for used as it could take us at least 6 months to get her into a place and it would probably start out with a smaller studio unit (they come open more often) vs the 1 bedroom that we want.

I can buy new for about $240.00 for a 40 inch but would rather get a used TV that we could just donate once her studio unit is available and when she has her one bedroom we will get the new TV (could take another year).
Mom is 83 and the TV she has in her bedroom is a very small flat panel that came out of their motorhome when they sold it several years ago.

Mom has some vision problems so this is why we are looking for something bigger based on where we have to set the TV in her room.

Once she is in her new studio apartment it could take up to a year or more for a 1 bedroom to become available and we will already be storing many items for her so this is why we do not want to purchase new.

If you have an extra TV that might work for us please PM me or respond here and give me the details and the price. Off bands are fine we would need to be able to have the TV hooked up so we can see that it works and the remote is a must.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Oct 2014 12:09 #2 by thinkc
Replied by thinkc on topic Found thank you!!!
I PMed you. I have a flat panel TV and stand for it that you are welcome to. You can get in touch at cd [at] caradearman [dot] com
The following user(s) said Thank You: MyMountainTown

26 Oct 2014 10:10 #3 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Found thank you!!!
I just sent you a PM sorry will have to talk with SC I did not get an email about the PM and the past few weeks have been a bit crazy for me.

Thanks

26 Oct 2014 10:40 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Found thank you!!!
Sorry MD, I still need to create a tutorial about email alerts in the FAQ forum , but otisptoadwater asked a while back and I put a quick one in the "New Template" thread. You have to go to your Profile Page , select Your Messages, scroll down to the very bottom, Click Settings, and choose which notification option you want. I don't know why the system doesn't default to email alerts, but it doesn't and I haven't found where I can possibly change that yet.

I'll send a message to thinkc on Twitter letting her know she's got a message, in case she doesn't get an email notification either. Thanks for posting here in the thread!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

26 Oct 2014 11:24 #5 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Found thank you!!!
Thank you!!!

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds