Bailey Garden Center - FREE STUFF today until 2pm

19 Dec 2015 11:11 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Sharing from Nicki at the Bailey Garden Center which is closing and liquidating:

I have a some things left I don't want to throw away.

Some fertilizers, vermiculite, perlite, deer repellants, insecticides, herbicides, disease controls, and a few other things.

These things are FREE to any of you. Come on in and grab one or two items to use next Spring.

I will be at the Garden Center from 10:00 to 2:00 today.

Also, we have a few things for sale.
-6 ft. White storage cabinet - $20
-Microwave - $20
-Lighted metal indoor/outdoor Christmas trees;
-White wire with multi-function lights- two in box, easy setup- $40
-Designer spiral Christmas tree (7') with clear lights, very fun- $10

Did you know in the early 1800's a U.S. Ambassador to Mexico discovered the Poinsettia?

The popular Christmas flower (Euphorbia pulcherrima) poinsettia, pronounced "poyn-set-ee-ah" is named after Dr. Joel Poinsett, former U.S. ambassador to Mexico and also a keen botanist and gardener. They are indigenous to Mexico and Central America and the plant made its first appearance in the U.S. in 1825.

Though it comes from mostly tropical Mexico, the poinsettia is a short-day plant and only sets flowers when the nights are long and days short. In its native country it grows to sixteen feet but it is widely raised here in the U.S. in greenhouses for the Christmas season.

The large colored 'flowers' are actually leaves and called the bract. The 'real' flowers are in the middle, are very small and do not attract pollinators themselves. The large bract attracts the pollinators and then the real flowers are found.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds