Echo Mountain open longer today/tomorrow w/ extra lessons

30 Dec 2015 12:49 #1 by XenonofArcticus
Echo Mountain Resort, the closest ski resort to Denver ( www.echomountainresort.com/ ) is open extra hours today and tomorrow for the holiday season.

Today, Wednesday Dec 30th they are open 9am to 8pm with awesome skiing under the lights after dark. Tomorrow's hours are 9am to 4pm.

Extra morning lessons have been added today and tomorrow as well.

Echo Mountain is a small, family friendly ski resort owned by a local family from Evergreen. They have GREAT snow at 10,000 feet on Squaw Pass, and are just minutes from Evergreen instead of hours of insane traffic jams on the highway.

Daily tickets are $49, probably lower than any other resort and almost the same as the I-70 toll lane alone could cost you. A full rental gear kit is only $20, and for only $10 on top of that you can add a two-hour ski or board lesson. There's a three-pack of lessons for only $197 ( www.echomountainresort.com/lessons-rentals/ ).

Echo Mountain is Colorado skiing like it used to be. No traffic hassle, staff that you'll know on a first name basis and no posers or sno-bros.

My son (he goes to school with the family that owns Echo) and I bought season passes this summer when they were an unheard-of $99. Now they are $249, but it's still a great deal for unlimited skiing. I can pick him up at school, drive for half an hour and be on the slopes every afternoon if I wanted. There's even a family season pass for $525. You could spend that in ONE DAY going to bigger corporate resorts.

I'm happy to answer questions. If you go up, introduce yourself to the staff and owners and tell them you're a local and MyMountainTown user. I'm gonna be up there pretty often, so maybe I'll see you on the slopes. I'm the guy in the white helmet, 15-year old skis and bright blue jacket that winces and mumbles "I'm getting too old" whenever I go over a jump.

Here's some pictures from our last couple of trips. imgur.com/a/FU57p

That's my son Rhys on the board. ;)

Support local skiing instead of megacorporate resorts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds