Time to sign up for fall Tai Chi Classes!

15 Aug 2017 08:24 #1 by AspenParkChiropractic
Tai Chi Chuan is an ancient Chinese discipline based on natural animal movements. Although it is a martial art, it is practiced slowly and deliberately with internal focus; utilizing “chi” or internal energy as the source of power, not muscle. These exercises help to develop balance, rootedness, and strengthen the body/mind connection. They are also meditative, relaxing, and centering. There are many styles of Tai Chi, this class will be based on Prof. Chen Man-Ching’s Yang Style, Short Form.

Jeanne Gibson has been a student of Tai Chi for over twenty-nine years and has been teaching in the Conifer area for the past nineteen years. She is an affiliate of Tai Chi Chuan of Evergreen with her instructor, Mary Pulick and Jan Schatvet.

Beginning students learn the first third of the Short Form, Qi gong practice, philosophy and principles of Tai Chi Chuan. Classes held on Mondays, September 11th through December 11th - 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM

Ongoing students receive continuing instruction and practice of full Short Form, Qi gong exercises, philosophy and principles of Tai Chi Chuan. Classes held on Mondays, September 11th through December 11th - 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM

All classes held at the Anytime Fitness in Conifer, 10875 US HWY 285, Suite D101 - between Subway and Staples. Call (303)838-1130 to register. (You do not need to be a member of Anytime Fitness in order to take advantage of these Tai Chi Classes).

Please call (303) 838-8443 for further info or visit www.aspenparkchiropractic.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Aug 2017 19:48 #2 by ScienceChic
Many moons ago I learned the long form and absolutely loved the movements. Unfortunately there weren't any classes near me at the time and I got busy with work and kids, but it's definitely a great discipline for staying flexible and helping with balance as you age. Thank you for offering this for our mountain residents!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: AspenParkChiropractic

16 Aug 2017 08:43 #3 by AspenParkChiropractic
We'd love to have you join us this fall! All skill levels are welcome and what we teach is long form!

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds