10 Ways to Engage Your Audience was created by SocialMediaMaiden
Engaging your audience can be one of the hardest and most frustrating things about generating content for your online marketing and branding. Here are some tips that you can use for those moments when your frustration is at its highest and you need some ideas to work with.
1. Ask your followers their largest need or what they need the most. You can give advice, support or even create a product to help with solve their problem.
As human beings, we all love to give our opinions. Asking questions about your industry and getting an idea of what frustrates them the most can help you figure out ways to get the best solution.
2. Create partnerships with other companies and promote each other with your followers, giving both the company and your followers the opportunity to connect with each other.
Do you have your power partners in place? Are you part of a leads group where you support each other online? These are all things you can do to help your message reach to an untapped audience and allows your audience to get to know another business that can help them. It’s a win-win for everyone involved!
3. Is there something on your mind? Share it with your followers (but keep it professional) and encourage your audience to share their thoughts as well.
What are your thoughts about things going on in your industry? With social media, it is ever-changing so it’s easy to find topics to have opinions on.
4. Give business tips that help your audience in one way or another.
What are some golden nuggets of information you can easily share with your audience? Drop them into a graphic to enhance engagement and voila!
5. Are you funny? Share that with your followers and give them a chuckle.
The best content online is the content that makes people laugh. Not only is it memorable, but they are more likely to talk about it with their friends. Channel your humor and spread some joy in the world!
6. Inspiration is one of the most shared types of content on social media. Share a little today!
Who doesn’t love a great inspirational or motivational quote? Chances are someone in your industry has some of these nuggets that you can share.
7. Ask questions! Even random ones that don’t have anything to do with your audience, such as, “What is your favorite recipe with bacon in it? Share below!”
Asking questions is so important on social media. Even if it has nothing to do with your industry. Show your audience that you have more to talk about than just your products and services.
8. Promote offers and deals. Users of social media love following a brand that gives them a little something back.
Who doesn’t love a great discount? Reward your followers with exclusive coupons only available for your fans.
9. Post behind-the-scenes photos of your life or business. Give them a glimpse of who you are.
Is there a birthday in the office today? Are you celebrating a milestone? Do you have a new product you are developing that you can sneak-peak? These are all moments in your business life that your followers want to know. Social media is about establishing relationships with your consumers and this is an excellent way to accomplish that.
10. Give your opinions on topics. People like to know they are connecting with a real person behind the page.
Opinions can be risky for business – especially when they are strong ones. Anymore with all the controversy going on in our world, it’s easy to take a stand for or against something. Decide how your business is going to handle current events and if this is a strategy that might work for you.
What other engagement ideas do you implement in your business? Have you found something that works well for your business? Share your ideas below and let’s have a discussion!