Meditation 101

29 Jan 2018 14:50 #1 by RY
Meditation 101 was created by RY
Our 4 session beginner meditation class is in full swing and I've been asked to offer it again.

here it is:

Meditation awakens us to the joy of the present moment. In this four-part course, we are exploring the simplicity and benefits of meditation. It’s not as hard as you think. You don’t have to be Buddhist or belong to any religion to meditate. All you need is a sincere desire to open your heart and mind to the present moment. The four sessions build on each other, so it is imperative to attend all four to reap the greatest benefits.

In this course, you will learn:

How to get started with meditation
How to meditate using sound and mantra
How to meditate using the breath (pranayama)
How to meditate using awareness (mindfulness)
There will be guided meditations as well
And more…

What are the benefits of meditation

Meditation reduces stress.
It improves concentration.
It encourages a healthy lifestyle.
The practice increases self-awareness.
It increases happiness.
Meditation increases acceptance.
It slows aging.
The practice benefits cardiovascular and immune health.
… and many many more…

Anybody can benefit from meditation from early childhood to the wisdom years. It is not too early or too late.
Suggested Love Donation: $12 per class. $40 for all four sessions if paid in advance via paypal.me/ShamanicJourney
Dates: Feb 18, 25, March 4 and 11. Time: 10:30 – 11:30am.
Please register here royalyogabailey.weebly.com/contact.html and I will send you directions and more information.
This workshop is geared towards adults and there will be no childcare available.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MountainWelcomeCrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Feb 2018 11:45 #2 by RY
Replied by RY on topic Meditation 101
I have a several people interested in another meditation class. Don't have a date set yet. Let me know what works for you for a start. Time will be Sundays right after yoga at 10:30am till 11:30am.

royalyogabailey.weebly.com/classesservices.html

here is one of the testimonials from previous participants:

I would highly recommend the intro to Meditation sessions offered by Sophia Paul for anyone interested in learning about the basics of meditation. The information is offered in a comfortable and easily understood way. Sophia is gentle and supportive as well as very knowledgeable. Tavia Campbell, Bailey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds