Juniper Hand Carved Accent Bowl

18 Jan 2021 08:03 #1 by ZHawkeTed
This bowl is juniper and is locally harvested. The unique 'marbled' wood grain pattern is what I think sets this bowl apart from others.

It is 16 1/2 inches long by 10 inches wide (at its widest point) by 4 inches high (at its highest point).

Because my bowls are finished with polyurethane varnish, I felt the need to do some research on whether it is food safe. In my hours of doing Internet research, I found that many wood finishing experts say polyurethane varnish finishes are food safe after curing for 30 days, or so. Even with that, some folks may still be uncomfortable putting food in wood products finished with polyurethane varnish. My personal recommendation is to NOT use this bowl for food other than those with peelings like apples, oranges, pears, etc., and only doing so after a full 30 days have elapsed. Even then, I wouldn't leave them in the bowl for any length of time in which they might spoil....it would stain and ruin the finish. Water and other liquids are a definite no no.

The bowl is priced at $186.

Anyway, if you, or someone you know, might be interested in buying this bowl, please send me a message.

Thanks for looking.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds