Indicas Versus Sativas

13 Nov 2010 09:59 #1 by Moab
Indicas Versus Sativas was created by Moab
I am a legal caregiver for several individuals with various health issues. Could you please explain the difference between indicas and sativas regarding the effects they have on issues such as pain, depression and insomnia?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Nov 2010 17:47 #2 by Mountaingirl
Replied by Mountaingirl on topic Indicas Versus Sativas
want to reply to your ?, found info/quote on net;

"I've always been partial to Sativa or Sativa dom. When derived from quality seed stock, the different strains though interestingly subtle in their variance, don't matter much to me.

However, when it comes to chronic pain management there's no substitute for a good Indica..."

21 Jun 2011 18:53 #3 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Indicas Versus Sativas
Cannabis Indica
Cannabis Indica has wide leaves and tends to be shorter and bushier than most other medical marijuana strains. This medical marijuana strain of plants are fast growers and reproduce quickly. More marijuana can be obtained from these plants because of this reason.

Indica tends to have higher amounts of Cannabidiol (CBD), which produces a sleepy effect, and lower levels of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which allows the patient to get high. This combination will produce a more drowsy effect. The Indica medical marijuana strain has its origins in Morocco, Tibet and Afghanistan.

Cannabis Sativa
Cannabis Sativa grows very tall and stalk-like. Its leavers are much narrower than the Indica medical marijuana strain. The Sativa pot plant typically needs more light to grow than the Indica, and will take longer to mature, up to 16 weeks to flower. These medicinal marijuana plants tend to be lighter in color, as well.

Sativa produces the opposite effect of Indica. It’s higher in THC and lower in CBD. This allows the patient to have more energy and be more aware and lucid than the Indica medical marijuana strain. This medical marijuana strain was originated in Thailand, Mexico, Columbia and Southeast Asia.

Cannabis Hybrids
Cannabis Hybrids are cross-bred medical marijuana strains. Growers combine strains like Indica and Sativa to produce a new medical marijuana strain. The desired effect is to produce a plant that has the best of both strains. Hybrid strains are grown worldwide.

Ask your medical marijuana dispensary staff to direct you to the cannabis strain that is right for your condition or disability. They have gotten feedback from many patients, and can help you choose an appropriate product. Holistic clinics such as Medicann in California can also give recommendations.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds