Damp Clothes? It May Not Be Your Dryer…

03 Dec 2010 04:22 #1 by MyMountainTown
Damp Clothes?
It May Not Be Your Dryer…Check your vents

A common reason that many people return their clothes dryers after a few months is that they are not properly drying their clothes. While the machinery is sometimes at fault, you should consider looking into having your dryer vents cleaned and evaluated on a yearly basis.

Even with regular emptying of the lint trap, the dryer vent can get a lint build-up, which is a definite potential fire hazard. Heated air that goes through the vent can cause the lint to combust, causing a possible house fire. Also, gas powered dryers can potentially spew carbon monoxide back into the home if there is a blockage in the vent, causing potential safety issues. There are many unexpected things that can block a vent - not just lint. Even animals can sometimes build homes in them, particularly in newer houses, where the dryer is more likely to be further away from the outside walls and will therefore have a longer duct system. Some dryers may have been installed using plastic ducts, which are potentially combustible and are not as safe as metal ducts.

Also, having your vents cleaned and inspected can increase your dryer’s efficiency and lifespan. When your dryer overworks, its lifetime can be cut in half. When it gets too hot, the heating element can be burned out, potentially causing fire.

It’s not something people think about very often, but having your dryer vent inspected is a very good idea for your dryer, your family’s safety, and possibly even your pocketbook.

Goodrich Chimney provides Dryer Vent Inspections & Cleaning
In addition to servicing chimneys, they inspect and clean dryer vents in one- and two-story homes. A thorough sweep by one of their dryer exhaust technicians includes searching for any issues that might interfere with optimal operation. Highly effective diagnostic tools allow them to detect and resolve issues before they become problems. Call us at 303-816-4900 or 303-668-4219 for an estimate.

P.O. Box 88 Conifer, CO 80433 | (303) 816-4900 | (303) 668-4219 | .
[url=http://www.GCSChimney.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.GCSChimney.com[/url]

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jan 2011 16:04 #2 by Crazy Heart
Thanks for this article. I know that my dryer is not working properly.
I will be calling you soon.

07 Mar 2011 10:15 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Damp Clothes? It May Not Be Your Dryer…
I saw there was a dryer fire on the scanner thread. I never knew...

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds