Low-Cost Computer Classes For Mac Users

05 Jan 2011 09:05 - 08 Jan 2011 18:57 #1 by Mountaingirl
I purchased an IMac, and I am impressed with it, however, I am SURE I am merely scratching the surface with the capabilities at my fingertips.

Since this sounded interesting to me, thought I'd pass it along. (Or, lucky you if you have a high school student to show you: ) ~

Sure Mac users can go to an Apple store for technical help, but if you’d like a low-cost alternative MacHelp4Me offers a variety of classes and workshops on Macintosh Computers and products. While you can arrange for in-home help, you can also enroll in 75-minute classes for just $10. Classes are taught on Fridays at 9 a.m. at the MacHelp4Me office at 520 Cherokee. Once big advantage: the MacHelp4Me studio is quiet and comfortable without all the distractions found at the larger stores. You should pre-register to secure a seat. Find an updated class schedule here. Mac users might also want to check out a FREE users group meeting on Friday, Jan. 14 at 7 p.m. The evening will include socializing and demos of all things Mac and Apple.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jan 2011 09:44 #2 by pacamom
And if you can't make it down to Cherokee you can always buy the 'missing manual'.
Mac OS X Leopard: The Missing Manual is available on Amazon for as low as $1.51

I got the missing manual for my iPad and I love it. I did get a hardcopy because I like to look stuff up while I am trying it on the iPad, and mark up the pages with notes.

06 Jan 2011 18:15 #3 by Mountaingirl
that is good info, thanks!

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds