Anyone selling any vegetable plants? tomatos and others?

07 Jun 2010 17:45 #1 by oscar615
I am looking to buy a few tomato plants, from someone up here. Short season type so they fruit before the first freeze. And maybe some other short season vegetables too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jun 2010 17:59 #2 by JMC
I have tried and failed for years with tomatoes up here. I would try one of the new plant/grow shops and see if they can help

07 Jun 2010 18:17 #3 by RY

oscar615 wrote: I am looking to buy a few tomato plants, from someone up here. Short season type so they fruit before the first freeze. And maybe some other short season vegetables too.

Bailey Garden Center and there is a new place next to the Boulder Gas right off of 285. But honestly I have tried since i moved here in 95 with very little or no success. This year I got a coldframe and a greenhouse and its fabulous, everything exploding and so much fun to see it all finally grow. Its the only way to garden up here. A friend of mine helped me built the big coldframe, she also built her own huge greenhouse; then I built several smaller one's by myself. If i can do it everybody can. Good luck! Don't do what I did and waste 15 years :) .

09 Jun 2010 07:16 #4 by Medicine Man
I have lots of locally grown plants. None are tomatoes or vegetables though. And to buy any you would need a doctors recommendation. From personal experience growing actual tomatoes up here, I would recommend Early Girl, it finishes comparatively early. When it comes to local grow stores, may I recommend Grow your Own. They are right by the yellow barn in Aspen Park and Leslie is a wonderful shopkeeper.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds