Ad removed. Tired of spam responses.

11 Feb 2011 15:12 - 12 Feb 2011 21:16 #1 by camcolo
Now I see how useless a site is that is not moderated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2011 20:46 #2 by Nic at Night
Buyer beware, make sure before you buy that these are legit, not making any accusations but know what you are getting for that kind of money.

11 Feb 2011 20:52 #3 by camcolo
Good advice. You can go to the website by entering any of the domain names. I live at Pine Jct and can physically have someone there when I transfer the domain names. You do have to be careful. Curt

12 Feb 2011 11:01 #4 by AV8OR
I love capitalism!

Very good job CamColo!

12 Feb 2011 17:34 #5 by camcolo
Thanks. I tried to do the math for someone. I registered these 14 years ago. If you figure the cost of registering 5 domain names for 15 years plus the hosting charges and subtract those from the $2500 and divide the profit by 15 (for 15 years) and then by 5 to get an annual profit per domain name it comes to about $10 per year profit per name. That is patience! But, I do appreciate the recognition of the appearance of realizing a significant profit. It makes me feel like these were part of the dot.com successes. Actually, if I do not sell them I have an idea to make them a website that generates income......

12 Feb 2011 20:46 #6 by V_A
If someone was to buy these domains, why should they pay for the past fee's you paid over the last 15 years? This is called a sunk cost.

This is a case of domain squatting, I have little regard for people that squat on multiple domains.

12 Feb 2011 23:47 #7 by Local_Historian
So you remove the offer because people speak bluntly to you? Sorry, but I also agree with Xmas here - and if I were a moderator here, I'd have removed your post, because I considered YOUR post to be spam.

Here's some Velveeta to go with your whine.

13 Feb 2011 06:40 #8 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Ad removed. Tired of spam responses.
We cannot make determinations on what is and what is not legitimate but someone warned to be careful and that is appropriate for all posts.

XP, Your comments do not belong on this thread. If you want to talk about domains and squatting please start a thread in another forum. Not directly on a persons ad.

14 Feb 2011 20:58 #9 by AV8OR
If a person sees the potential outcome, by investing in a product, that will yield a profit, why not take the risk.

What is the difference between the person speculating in multiple parcels of real estate or stock, with a hope of making a profit and someone that purchases multiple domain names? Personally, I have been on the other side attempting to buy a domain name that was purchased for future profit. I regretted that I did not think of that particular domain name and purchased it before them.

Kuddos to you CamColo! Now get your butt-ski back in here and man-up to some of these folks!

15 Feb 2011 17:18 #10 by V_A
if a person disagrees with a person or their actions, they have a right to express themselves.

CamColo has been around forums for a long time and should have thicker skin.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds