Difference between Organic, Natural, Holistic, etc.

27 Feb 2011 11:42 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Hi,

With all the new trends in holistic and natural drug free healing- Could you explain the differences? I get confused and would love to hear from an expert in the field.

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Feb 2011 05:24 #2 by LopingAlong
Probably not complete, but basically, Organic label means that the item has been certified as not having been grown with chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, etc. Natural means that chemicals may have been used but the food is 'naturall'--like oranges grown in FL where the farmer sprayed for bugs so he isn't certified as organic. Holistic means "The whole". Holistic usually refers to a modality, a way of treating some ailment in a manner that encompasses the entire being, not just the symptom.
That's just off the top of my head and I didn't want to research it, but in general...

08 Mar 2011 16:11 #3 by TaspensOrganics
Sorry I missed this post-I just saw it today!

I agree with LopingAlongs post.

Organic: Organic produce and other ingredients are grown without the use of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, genetically modified organisms, or ionizing radiation. Animals that produce meat, poultry, eggs, and dairy products do not take antibiotics or growth hormones.

Natural: Nature based, grown from the earth, should be without chemicals, etc. although there are a lot of so called "natural" products that are not natural at all which is why certified organic products are many times superior.

Holistic: A holistic approach to healing recognizes that the emotional, mental, spiritual and physical elements of each person comprise a system. By working with this systems approach the cause of an illness is targeted, rather than just the symptoms. Our bodies have the innate ability to balance and heal itself on all levels. Many times holistic approaches to healthcare are considered non-medical or alternative health care modalities. These are the types of services we offer at Taspen's.

Does this answer your question?

With Love & Gratitude,
Taspen's Family

Websites:
taspens.com/
dragonflyhempcbd.com/
www.taspenshealingcenter.com/
taspenskitchen.com/

Taspen's Organics & Dragonfly Botanicals
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Phone: 303-816-0429

Taspen's Organics Yoga~Music~Healing
Email: info@taspenshealingcenter
Phone: 303-816-1246

Taspen's Cafe & Bakery
Phone: 720-305-9136

Address: 25797 Conifer Rd, #B130
Conifer, CO 80433

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds