They’re Here!!!!!!

03 Mar 2011 18:00 - 12 Apr 2018 15:51 #1 by mountaindollar
They’re Here!!!!!!

We got our shipment of Mountain Wild Flowers in and I will be headed to town to get our bags and labels so they should be available at the store by Wednesday if not sooner.

We sell a bag that will cover a 10’ x 10’ area for $1.50.

Larger quantities are available upon request and if you cannot make to the store in Evergreen we would be happy to meet you on our way home along 285 between the old Conifer Safeway and the Loaf-n-Jug at the top of Crow Hill.

I do have to add Jeffco sales tax to the price but can give you what the total will be.

Below is a link to an old post where you can see pictures of last year’s flowers.

mymountaintown.com/forum/30-business-cla...-bag-of-wild-flowers

I will supply you with planting instructions for the best germination, they will not grow directly on decomposed granite you will have to amend the soil.

Broadcast spreading is fine but you will get a lower germination rate if you do not cover the seeds. You will also have lower germination if you cannot keep the seeds/baby plants moist during the critical months. After the first year water requirements are much less as they are all drought tolerant but plants can be lost during severe drought times.

You can email me at . , PM , post here or call the store at 303-679-1343 to make orders that need to be delivered.

We did sell out of the seeds last year so reserve your seeds now!!!!!

For those of you who provided me with pictures of last year’s flowers I will be in contact with you soon to arrange getting you your free bag of seeds.

Thanks and Happy Planting,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Mar 2011 17:20 #2 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic They’re Here!!!!!!
Here is the list of seeds included in the mix and the instructions.

Each bag covers approx. 100 square feet, for best germination wait until the fear of frost has past (sometime in May). It is best to either rake into the soil or cover with 1/4 inch of soil. If possible keep area moist for 4 weeks and during times of low rain fall (second year and beyond will not require as much water). If you broadcast spread or do not keep moist, germination rate will be lower which is true of any seed.

Siberian Wallflower - 17.17%
Annual Baby’s Breath – 17.17%
Blue Flax – 12.12%
Corn Flower – 9.09%
California Poppy – 8.08%
Blanket Flower – 4.04%
Sweet William – 4.04%
Shasta Daisy – 4.04%
Rocket Larkspur – 4.04%
Catchfly – 3.03%
African Daisy – 2.53%
African Stick Daisy – 2.53%
Columbine – 2.02%
Rocky Mountain Penstemon – 2.02%
Dwarf Godetia - 1.01%
Plains Coreopsis – 1.01%
Sweet Alyssum – 1.01%
Black Eyed Susan 1.01%
99.07% Pure Seed - 0.92% Inert Matter – 0.02% Other Crop – 0.01% Weed Seed

This lot of seeds was test 11/2010 and seeds were harvested 2010. Even if you do not purchase seeds from Mountain Dollar be sure to check the test date and or make sure your seeds have the year the seed crop was harvested. Depending on they type of seed, germination can drop dramatically with each year of age.

Happy planting

19 Mar 2011 17:09 #3 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic They’re Here!!!!!!
Hi All,
In the next couple weeks we will be making our second order of wildflower seeds as they are selling like hotcakes.

If you still want seed please PM or email me at . .

If you would like a larger bag of say ½ pound it will cost you $24.00 plus tax, each ½ ounce will cover approximately a 10’ x 10’ area depending on how heavily you seed.

If demand is still there we will make a 3rd order but only if we still have the demand.

Thanks for shopping Mountain Dollar

Mountain Dollar is located at 3743 N. Evergreen Parkway which is between Bank of the West and the Evergreen Post Office.

Other stores in the complex are Echo Resale, Evergreen Kitchen and Bath, Evergreen Shipping Depot and The School of the Arts.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds