bound to save money . . . .or not w/Bailey Towing

13 Mar 2011 10:10 #1 by Mountaingirl
i had to have my car towed - never fun, but who we choose can make it more painful.

Bailey Towing charged me $360.00 cash for 1 DAY!! I'd say I've been gouged and ripped off - why? because they can. Companies that take advantage of neighbors/community should be ashamed, but obviously "the green" is more important - I will never recommend nor use them again.

Please consider this BEFORE you make your decision - Long Brothers is right down the road and I wished I had called them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Mar 2011 10:18 #2 by major bean
There are quite a few details that are left out of your rant. Total mileage, for instance. Was the auto retrieved or was there easy access to get it loaded.

I do not have a dog in this fight and I sympathize with you because I have had to use towing several times here in the mountains. One thing that I have always asked whenever engaging a towing service is "How much?".

Regards,
Major Bean

13 Mar 2011 10:33 #3 by Mountaingirl
total mileage - max - 1 mile, easy access.

13 Mar 2011 10:36 #4 by major bean
One mile? Then you have a justified gripe. I would ask them what their minimum charge might be. This has to be registered with the state before they are allowed to conduct business.

Regards,
Major Bean

13 Mar 2011 16:13 #5 by HappyCamper
I agree and think that you should take the time to get quotes on what other companies would have charged. If they are way lower then I would tell them that if they do not make it right you will post the other companies quotes on all the community websites and ask that people do not use their company.

Before you do that try and get in writing why they charged what they did so that they can not say that what you are saying is not true.

When we had our Trooper towed from Marshdale down to the dealer in Denver I don't think it was that much. Thankfully we were under warranty so we did not have to pay it.

We also carry towing on all our cars old and new as we take many road trips and even if one had to be towed once every two years it would make up for the cost of what we paid out.

Just last month we had to have our truck towed from our house in DCVR to the mechanic 5 miles away and it was not $300.00 more like $125.00 which more than made up what we pay on all 4 cars for two years. One is a motorhome so it is higher but man that seems very high.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds