Up From the Ashes: Tiny Colorado Mansion Lists for $490K

15 May 2015 09:51 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Up From the Ashes: Tiny Colorado Mansion Lists for $490K
By Claudine Zap
May 13, 2015

Next to the tiny home on 13989 Long Gulch Trail in Littleton, CO , a Phoenix totem pole stands guard. For owners Kristen Moeller and David Cottrell, this small house rose from the ashes.

The couple had previously lived in a cabin on the 36-acre property since 2003. However in 2012, Moeller was forced to flee with their two dogs and a cat, and not much else, to escape the flames from the Lower North Fork Fire. Their home burned to the ground.

Last summer, the two constructed the 772-square-foot home together with help from a Cabin Fever custom kit, and then appeared on A&E’s “Tiny House Nation.”

The home, which Guth says offers “lots of land, privacy, and incredible views,” could work as a vacation spot. Or, for a heartier soul, a year-round residence.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 May 2015 13:02 #2 by ThePetParent
WHAT! IS THE LISTING AGENT SMOKING CRACK?

ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT DELUSIONAL! :ohmy:

17 May 2015 15:09 #3 by HappyCamper
It is 36 acres so that is why it is the price that it is.

17 May 2015 15:18 #4 by ScienceChic
I don't think $490K is unreasonable either, for a custom home on 36 acres with those kind of views. The only downside I see to living there is the lack of internet access, which I know was an issue for Kristen and David both working from home as they do.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds